The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

I’m not sure it would take much homework to beat that high defensive line.  A staggering level of incompetence.

Considering the complete lack of knowledge or preparedness we appear to have of opponents must weeks, it's something at least 😂.

I'm under no illusions though, I still don't think it'll be a good season and Bullen still has a lot to prove. 

If anything it's just good to know there is other dross in this league. Hopefully QP keep up their experiment for as long as possible.

15 minutes ago, renton said:

Mental that they are still trying that.

It's so stupid. Their back line are extremely vulnerable every time they happen lose the ball, regardless of where it is on the pitch that they lose it. Can't for the life of me understand it. Very funny though.

1 hour ago, Oceanlineayr said:

We won a game and scored five goals?

image.gif.58e08ea7560cbb4e9d5d14df4ea4258d.gif

Good to see Rose grab a goal and Dowds get a goal in his first start . If Murphy can stay fit he and Chalmers will be very effective on the wings.

Signing Murphy was the best piece of business we did this summer IMO. Absolute baller. Hopefully he stays fit now. 

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Signing Murphy was the best piece of business we did this summer IMO. Absolute baller. Hopefully he stays fit now. 

On the counter for Roses goal you just knew he’d pick the right pass and it would be perfectly weighted for him. Whether or not he’d finish is another story but he did well. 

Was a big plus that we got more than the usual 60 minutes out of him as well. Hopefully that’s him getting fitter. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

On the counter for Roses goal you just knew he’d pick the right pass and it would be perfectly weighted for him. Whether or not he’d finish is another story but he did well. 

Was a big plus that we got more than the usual 60 minutes out of him as well. Hopefully that’s him getting fitter. 

I was glad Rose scored because he looked very poor last week. Was also good for Dowds to get a debut goal.

Ran Queens park off the pitch, trounced them, put five goals past them, five, 1 2 3 4....5. Ayr had eleven better players on the pitch and great substitutions and yet.....

Someone explain how this one got man of the match? 🤔 

20230923_125820.jpgWas he gracious in defeat? 

Edited by Roxanne's man

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ran Queens park off the pitch, trounced them, put five goals past them, five, 1 2 3 4....5. Ayr had eleven better players on the pitch and great substitutions and yet.....

Someone explain how this one got man of the match? 🤔 

20230923_125820.jpgWas he gracious in defeat? 

The same reason an Ayr United player always wins our MotM even when we get dry humped.

Edited by Richey Edwards

4 hours ago, AuAl said:

Aye that was one of the more pleasing things I thought. We had clearly either researched the opponent well, or took one look at their set up on the night and came up with a plan that would be effective.

Still questions around whether those diddies with that ridiculous high line just made us look better than we really are. But, we scored some good goals so hopefully there's a bit of a confidence boost there if nothing else. 

Can we please wrap Murphy and Chalmers in bubble wrap.

I mean, we research every opponent obviously. I assume the problem that the game plan Bullen comes up with is shit, or just wrong, or he doesn't have the players that can implement what he wants.

It seems like last night was just ridiculously easy to plan for and implement. And a big thanks to QP for that.

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

Not sure why you'd expect the home club match sponsor to pick MoTM and select a player from the away team. Bit bizarre.

Aye it’s the same reason that we gave a MOTM out to our player after a 4-0 pumping last week. 

There’s a difference between a sponsors MOTM and then a MOTM in a televised game which is usually picked by the co-commentator. 

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it’s the same reason that we gave a MOTM out to our player after a 4-0 pumping last week. 

There’s a difference between a sponsors MOTM and then a MOTM in a televised game which is usually picked by the co-commentator. 

I guess that's where the Chivalry is faded slightly in football. The best player of the match should be recognised, whether it's the opposition or not imo. Like Lawless should've been last week.

However, I understand match sponsorships would rather a home team player, no matter how catastrophic the result. I apologize, I just cannot justify how Dom Thomas was anywhere near being Motm, when he very clearly wasn't 😅

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I guess that's where the Chivalry is faded slightly in football. The best player of the match should be recognised, whether it's the opposition or not imo. Like Lawless should've been last week.

However, I understand match sponsorships would rather a home team player, no matter how catastrophic the result. I apologize, I just cannot justify how Dom Thomas was anywhere near being Motm, when he very clearly wasn't 😅

The away team bus aren't hanging about so their player can nip into hospitality to get a bottle of champagne and a wee chat as well :lol: