The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They are the same I’m sure, Remember Morton and Tidser, that was the other way but it still counted.

The loan could be extended, maybe best for both parties to have an initial loan to make sure the player settles and both teams are happy with it, if Senga or Young aren’t going to play first team football and are happy to come back, I don’t see much standing in the way. 

I don’t think we’ll keep both Senga and Young once Dempsey is fit as we would then have five for two positions - unless it allowed us to get Smith out on loan I guess. Smith is currently fourth choice and wouldn’t want this to be a wasted season for him. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think we’ll keep both Senga and Young once Dempsey is fit as we would then have five for two positions - unless it allowed us to get Smith out on loan I guess. Smith is currently fourth choice and wouldn’t want this to be a wasted season for him. 

I’d be fine with Dempsey coming back into the fold, Young going back and Senga staying. All three midfielders are doing really well given their inexperience. Syla has really settled in and I’m glad we have him on a two year deal. Senga needs another couple of good performances like today for some consistency but he’ll be full of confidence as he hasn’t really put a good wrong in any of his cameos so far. 

We’ve still a long way to go but since the 4-0 trouncing off of Thistle we’ve done enough to show that we’ve got enough about us not to finish bottom imo. Dowds has utterly transformed us to a team that can score every game and he’ll be challenging Shanklands start to an Ayr career with his current goal ratio. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Can OP's delete threads? Never actually made one. The OP was a newbie mind. 

Aye

Believe me I’ve been a bawhair away from deleting this thread over the last couple of years. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be fine with Dempsey coming back into the fold, Young going back and Senga staying. All three midfielders are doing really well given their inexperience. Syla has really settled in and I’m glad we have him on a two year deal. Senga needs another couple of good performances like today for some consistency but he’ll be full of confidence as he hasn’t really put a good wrong in any of his cameos so far. 

We’ve still a long way to go but since the 4-0 trouncing off of Thistle we’ve done enough to show that we’ve got enough about us not to finish bottom imo. Dowds has utterly transformed us to a team that can score every game and he’ll be challenging Shanklands start to an Ayr career with his current goal ratio. 

Fully agree. 

Said it earlier, but Dowds is a far better player than I realised. It just shows you  what a run and a good start can do for a player! We do have some ridiculous quality in the final third.

There are the makings of some positive signs, particularly if Senga can continue like that. 

Thought we were decent today. Agree about Dowds, thought he was very good today. I actually thought mcKenzie worked quite well with him today, showed for the ball well, held it up and linked well. He should have scored that chance but Airdrie missed one very similar.

Senga was good first half but thought he faded quite a bit second half.

Chalmers was good but needs to learn to use his right foot! If he’d brought down that wee lobbed pass from Dowds he was on for his second.

A good solid performance by Ayrshire’s finest today. I thought we gave a very disciplined display with some added flair. Chalmers was outstanding and is a real threat going forward. Stanger and McGinty were solid at the back. Syla did well in central midfield as did Senga for about 60mins. Dowds has made us more of a threat as he is a striker who can play with his back to the goal and hold the ball up. Both goals were excellent. 
If I was an Airdrie fan I would have been frustrated at the way they passed the ball around their 18yard box but this might have been down to McKenzie, Dowds, Chalmers and Murphy holding the line. All in all this was a good performance on the back of an excellent result at Hampden and a good 2nd half against Raith. There are definitely grounds for optimism. 

If we can go up to Dunfermline and get a point of three then it’s a much more optimistic end to the first quarter than I think anyone would’ve predicted even after the win against Caley. We need to have patience with the likes of Senga and Syla and not get carried away with them as they’ll have bad days but they did well today. We’re still very culpable at the back and I don’t see us getting many clean sheets but the counter to that is that we look very potent going forward. In Chalmers, Murphy and Dowds you’ve got three players that can score and create for each other. I think Amartey could offer a lot in next to Dowds as someone else who will run in behind and stretch defences. 

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Lee Bullen deserves more credit today than the Queen's Park game, he did good research and did not press Airdrie.  Been here before but not dead yet BGM. 

Wanna point out that this is really important, today was a tactical victory alone.  Players did well but it was a tactical victory, the head coach did that. 

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Wanna point out that this is really important, today was a tactical victory alone.  Players did well but it was a tactical victory, the head coach did that. 

Second time in three games. Very encouraging.

43 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Anyone got a recommendation for an IPTV service?  Are they all much the same?

I like the one I use however the games are not guaranteed as they don’t have the pixelot streams anymore and you can only pay for it using crypto which i won’t use so won’t renew unless that changes