The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dykes lasts 85min and Shankland comes on and scores with a header.

I get why he doesn’t get caps. He’s not full of running like Adams and he’s not a big lump like Dykes so he’s not suited to a lone role, but it’s nights like tonight that show he should have featured more. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dykes lasts 85min and Shankland comes on and scores with a header.

I get why he doesn’t get caps. He’s not full of running like Adams and he’s not a big lump like Dykes so he’s not suited to a lone role, but it’s nights like tonight that show he should have featured more. 

Correct . Adam’s would never have finished that . LS has got to be our super sub in the Euros . He is a natural finisher .

If Shankland isn't in the 23 man squad for Germany, then there's definitely something far wrong.

Without a doubt, the best finishing striker in the Scotland squad. 

As Scotland fans, we've had some dire strikers over recent years. Iwelumo, Goodwillie, Mcburnie, Dickov, Kyle, O'Connor, etc

Without being a biased Ayr fan with great memories of him, I'd say Shankland is comfortably better than the majority of strikers Scotland have had over the last twenty years or so. Though many aren't keen on him due to the levels he's played at club level, He should at least be given a chance.

My fear is he ends up at Sevco! My heart couldn't take that 😬

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

If Shankland isn't in the 23 man squad for Germany, then there's definitely something far wrong.

Without a doubt, the best finishing striker in the Scotland squad. 

As Scotland fans, we've had some dire strikers over recent years. Iwelumo, Goodwillie, Mcburnie, Dickov, Kyle, O'Connor, etc

Without being a biased Ayr fan with great memories of him, I'd say Shankland is comfortably better than the majority of strikers Scotland have had over the last twenty years or so. Though many aren't keen on him due to the levels he's played at club level, He should at least be given a chance.

He's the example I use anytime I'm talking to Rangers fans (which as the dad of an 8 year old paying locally depressingly everyone i talk to seems to be) but they should have signed him instead of donking so much money on the strikers they have.  

Was delighted that my 8 year old that's now a massive Ayr and Scotland fan got to jump about Smiths tonight to celebrate a goal scored by someone he never saw play but has a photo with and knows is an Ayr legend.   That's good for me 💪

Edited by Hursty

5 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

LS has double the career goals of Rangers last two multi million pound duds combined ! Incredible they sat back and watched Hearts pinch him for £500k . I’m afraid if the rumours are true then your fears are justified. Potentially his 20 extra goals in half a season could just nick Rangers the league . No matter who LS plays for he’ll still be a legend at Ayr , those two seasons are the fondest of memories ! When will we see his like again …..