The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

This has to be the final straw. Our season will be done and it’s fucking November.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

There’s the small matter of a relegation battle.

I wish the season was done but like Nelson says we’re in a relegation battle. 

It looks a reasonable team on paper but there’s just an overwhelming sense that it’s not working.  That said, McGeady is done and Amartey is over hyped, so maybe not.  Throwing on McKenzie when we need a goal just feels futile.  

Just now, Nelson said:

It looks a reasonable team on paper but there’s just an overwhelming sense that it’s not working.  That said, McGeady is done and Amartey is over hyped, so maybe not.  Throwing on McKenzie when we need a goal just feels futile.  

The type of game where Amartey will struggle is obviously against a team who will look to sit in and be compact. I would still have started him tbf, but Bullen’s inability to use the basic strengths of his own team is funny. 

If I’m being charitable to Bullen I’d say that he’s playing the hand he’s dealt. Not got much on the bench to change things up when we’re playing pish. 

But I’m not. The guy seems to respond, and do what should be done,  two months after the fact as if to spite folk. He’s a no mark. Get him tae. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

You'll not see a managerial change after losing to a top side like Peterhead. Perhaps if we lose to Arbroath...

Clubs like Ayr United have no right to go to places like Balmoor and try to compete. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

The type of game where Amartey will struggle is obviously against a team who will look to sit in and be compact. I would still have started him tbf, but Bullen’s inability to use the basic strengths of his own team is funny. 

Amartey has shown very little for Ayr.  The cup game against Alloa and the goal against Inverness.  Otherwise he has been pretty ineffective  I think we’re just getting a bit desperate and Amartey has gotten better and better the longer he was out the team.