The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That Dunfermline side, who have also been plagued by injuries to key players now being four points and nine goals clear of us really does reiterate just how awful we have been. 

Think you've got Abroath, Queens Park and Morton who over the whole are worse than us thankfully...

Although defeat on Saturday against a team of part timers with an interim manager and he needs to go

13 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Think you've got Abroath, Queens Park and Morton who over the whole are worse than us thankfully...

Although defeat on Saturday against a team of part timers with an interim manager and he needs to go

Yeah - especially off the back of a poor cup upset and being pumped midweek before we play. 

32 minutes ago, Iain said:

Can't believe this dazzling performance in a reserve game nobody saw hasn't convinced you of his quality

Hopefully Dave the builder will erect a wind turbine in his name. 

17 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Thinks that Jack Allan as the twitter has him as 29 which was Bangala’s number 

The real Bangala was the friends we made along the way.

Anyway, this weekend is absolutely essential. With it being more likely than not that Morten, Airdrie, QP and ICT will get beat, that puts fifth on the board. Conversely, wins for the latter three coupled with another standard home performance could mean ending the day in ninth.

11 hours ago, Rb123 said:

75% of Morten's entire points this season have come from Ayr United.

Edited by Thumper

31 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Freezing/low temperatures until Saturday so I can imagine this game being off.

I'm missing the game so a call off wouldnt be the worst thing from a personal point of view, but looking at the forecast it doesnt seem too bad. Highs of 3 most days up until Saturday.

Cant see it being off. I'd imagine theyve got the cover down on the problematic area! 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm missing the game so a call off wouldnt be the worst thing from a personal point of view, but looking at the forecast it doesnt seem too bad. Highs of 3 most days up until Saturday.

Cant see it being off. I'd imagine theyve got the cover down on the problematic area! 

Covers only work to make snow easy to sweep off the park. 
They would need heating and we don’t have any, the cost of buying it outweighs the cost of the odd game getting called off. 
I’m sure Cameron did a long lecture on it when he was chairman. You can’t apply direct heat or it’ll damage the pitch so you need ambient heat. Think some clubs had basically a big tent that they pumped with hot air. (First person to make a joke about Ayr fans and hot air is a w**k) 

Questions regarding the stand redevelopment: is the overall capacity of Somerset Park going to drop upon completion of the stand? It looks like a fairly sizeable area of terracing has been lost to the new build. Also, are there any future plans to redevelop other areas of the ground ie the main stand?

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Questions regarding the stand redevelopment: is the overall capacity of Somerset Park going to drop upon completion of the stand? It looks like a fairly sizeable area of terracing has been lost to the new build. Also, are there any future plans to redevelop other areas of the ground ie the main stand?

The overall capacity shouldn't be affected by too much. Only about 1/3 of the North Terrace (at a rough estimate) has been taken up by the stand, which should be replaced by the seats so the capacity will still be about 10k.

As for future developments it has been rumored that we want to build a training complex on the old railway depot but this looks unlikely to happen in the near future.

Edited by GuyIncognito