The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

In other words, you have met virgintons extended family.

Extended families are the only type of families that virgins have. If you didn’t see the pics that were kicking about of him a while back it might not be obvious that ‘naebody’s going there’.

5 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Do we reckon we’ll get some sort of video/statement released from Mathie explaining the situation? The silence from the higher-ups about our winless streak is deafening. 

No, because they know the only thing the fans want to hear from them is that Bullen has been punted. Since they're not going to do that then what's the point in saying anything.

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I  don't think the club are anywhere near sacking him, I think we are 8 weeks away on the current form. 

Kerr, Duffy and Hopkin were all binned with our current form 

Surely Bullen hasn’t got that much credit in the bank?

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

There'll be a lot of different things factored into it I suspect, one being coming off a season where we finished 2nd. I don't think he'll be gone anytime soon either. I think it would take a few weeks being 10th for them to pull the plug.

31 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

It was probably very easy to bin Kerr. Smith was new to the job, didn't appoint him and thought it would be the right thing to do and popular with the fans. Since then he has been involved in the hiring process so will have saw both sides. Finding the right person is probably quite difficult and there might not be a wad of cash during a transition type season off the pitch. Mathie has also came on board since then and may have a different view on making change. The three managers you quote also didn't have anywhere near the credit in the bank Bullen has from certain parts of last season   

Also bear in mind a new person may well come from that generic list of rotating shite which appears anytime a vacancy arises 

Edited by AyrExile

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Notice that Charlie Mulgrew has just started following the club. Into the mix as a recommendation by his pal if Bullen gets his jotters. 

I wouldn’t be too surprised if an assistant manager is announced… 

I think Mathie will go down the help him route before he did anything else. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I wouldn’t be too surprised if an assistant manager is announced… 

I think Mathie will go down the help him route before he did anything else. 

Hopefully works better for Bullen than it did for Kerr. 

Kerr finally got an experienced coach and was sacked after the next game. 

Looking back, you could see what Kerr was trying to achieve and I think it was a shame he followed a period of ‘success’. I will always wonder what could have been if he was given time to implement his plan. He knew how to play and  I know it doesn’t always translate but I would have loved to see a team play in his vision. Bullen, I have no idea what his vision is but it’s not working. 

Kerr was let down by a host of signings that massively underperformed. I also think he was paying too much attention to the finer details and was guilty of overthinking it a wee bit. We started that season okay though but fell off a cliff after a couple bad results. 

I have no idea if we’d have stayed up with him in charge but I think he’ll have learned a lot and would be doing better with this group of players compared to Bullen. 

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This is part of the problem. Absolute sycophants.

Is this a thing now that going to the Hub pre match rather than the Bowling club or some of the pubs in town where the local OF fans ask who we are playing today is a bad thing?  

Kerr was out of his depth, I would have liked it to work out with him but he was as rank ( at least in terms of results) as the rest of them. Haven't heard much about lately so I assume he hasn't been setting things alight in any of his other managerial jobs.

Kerr, you could see what he was trying to do with the team, but it didn't work out. Hopkin, you could see what he was trying to do with the team, problem is it was total shite. Duffy, can't even remember what he was trying to do. Bullen, still trying to work out what he's trying to do, so is he apparently though.

Watched the goals from yesterday online and seen the north stand progressing. Have a few questions if anyone can answer..

Have you kept the old north terracing at front or built new? 

How many seats will stand part have?

When is it due to open?

I have business in South Ayrshire and had looked at hospitality when we played you, and due to covid/lack of availability i could not book, so be good to know whats in plans..had a look at your website and no mention!

Edited by flood
Spelling