The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Someone putting £20 on any of the options would probably be enough for them to bring it down.

Happened last time with McIntyre someone put on a bet of £30 and they suspended betting and opened up next day with him odds on favourite 

12 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I thought McBookie being a smaller outfit would typically close their smaller books overnight as they don't have the capacity to monitor things. Sure I've heard that before somewhere.

I’m certain this is it. It’s always been the same for a “Specials” market like this on McBookie. It will open back up in the morning.

9 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

We spoke in our group chat the other day about how Darren Youngs name was always in the mix and here we are years later and there he is :lol: Sure he was interviewed along with McCall.

I have a mutual pal with Darren Young and apparently he interview very well the last time

McBookie suspended betting means that they’ve taken enough bets that it isn’t worth offering it anymore. 

It could still be absolutely anyone and I doubt the club are close to appointing anyone. 

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McBookie suspended betting means that they’ve taken enough bets that it isn’t worth offering it anymore. 

It could still be absolutely anyone and I doubt the club are close to appointing anyone. 

They take betting down at night

5 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I thought McBookie being a smaller outfit would typically close their smaller books overnight as they don't have the capacity to monitor things. Sure I've heard that before somewhere.

Yeah it’s this, the odds will be revised and back up in the morning 

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Gary Bowyer is the sensible choice however we’re Ayr fans and don’t get nice things so it won’t be him

He's on LinkedIn which will please the board.

Sure it will come down to whether his profile is as strong as Mulgrew's, what his PowerPoint interview skills are like and if he's got a photo with Roberto De Zerbi as that's the important stuff for our board.

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I stuck money on him and Brown. 

Lo and behold, Bowyer and Brown are now the favourites with McBookie with Bowyer being 7/4 and Brown being 5/1. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Looking at the weather, hopefully Saturday should be fine.  Hard frost the now, but temps look set to rise over today to Saturday.

Fingers crossed!

I’ve been unable to work the last 2 days due to the weather & had to stop early on Monday for the same reason. 

That strip down the stand side touch line that always gets frozen will be really bad just now. Personally, I don’t think there’s enough time between now & Saturday for it to be playable. Just got a feeling. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surprised we've had no update from Mathie on what has happened this week. Would have thought a Dear Lee video would have dropped by now.

Probably more busy trying to find us a new head coach while in the middle of the January transfer window