The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The good old days, when you looked forward to going to the football on a Saturday. And entertainment was aplenty. 

I only just caught the tail end of Ally’s reign and it might just be rose tinted juvenile glasses but by god it was entertaining. His ethos was simple. Make sure we score more times than they do. He used to receive the team sheets from Rangers and Celtic and throw them straight in the bin saying “they need to worry about us, we don’t need to worry about them”. He probably wouldn’t cope in the modern era but I’d be happy for us to appoint a manager with 10% of his cojones.

23 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The only way it possibly could be is if the manager manages to attract some quality loanees using his contacts, players that otherwise might have been loaned somewhere else. But even then you'd imagine the player would have a say and want to go to the best club possible.

But you are spot on, the idea that professional footballers are going to choose to play at a lower level than they are capable of, and by extension get paid less, because they either know the manager or because they admired him as a player is nonsense.

Our problem isn't getting players to step down, it's the majority of our Scottish based targets going to other teams in our league, apparently for very similar terms.  

It's possible someone would play for Scott Brown but not Lee Bullen for the same money.  I'd doubt it has all that much to do with the decision though.  

21 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I fear for our next appointment, no way in suffering f**k do i want some of the names I've seen banded about online. 

You not into getting Stuart Guthrie then? 

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

From social media watch the question is whether Mulgrew is coming in too strong here or are Smith's DM's open?

20240118_192514.jpg

Did someone not say that Mulgrew was doing the rounds at a few clubs to see what’s involved in being a manager? Thought someone said he’d been down at Ayr one due to the link with McGeady. 

I think he seems the type that will chuck himself at any job going to try and get in the door. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

First rule of P&B is we do not talk about Desmond.

No first rule of P&B is don’t be personal.

allowed to be negative but no personal  attacks under a false name- it’s both cowardly and the act of a tosser.

Edited by Its not only a game

I do think Ayr’s location is a deciding factor for a lot of players whether or not to sign for us. Same terms being offered by let’s say Queens Park, Partick Thistle, and if you’re Glasgow based you don’t have the near 2 hour daily commute. Different for the English players we’ve signed because they’re moving completely. I did not realise Bullen had moved to Ayr, so I do say fair play to him on that front. 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did someone not say that Mulgrew was doing the rounds at a few clubs to see what’s involved in being a manager? Thought someone said he’d been down at Ayr one due to the link with McGeady. 

I think he seems the type that will chuck himself at any job going to try and get in the door. 

I also think he’s also a banter merchant and more than aware what a follow will do to a following playing Sherlock Holmes. I’m twisted into 14 shades of purple so I’m off to bed. Someone wake me up when all this is over. Don’t wake me up if it’s Dick Campbell etc.

19 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

No first rule of P&B is don’t be personal.

allowed to be negative but no personal  attacks under a false name- it’s both cowardly and the act of a tosser.

Who shit in your Bran Flakes mate tell me their name I'll sort them out...

bbdbd552bfa456f5dc15caf6fdd5a018.gif

4 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Born in South Africa in 1931, Desmond Tutu was an Anglican Bishop known for being an anti apartheid and human rights activist. He passed away on boxing day 2021.

Screenshot_20240118-230030.png

Has he got any coaching badges?

12 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Born in South Africa in 1931, Desmond Tutu was an Anglican Bishop known for being an anti apartheid and human rights activist. He passed away on boxing day 2021.

Screenshot_20240118-230030.png

Mad, wouldnt get folk being like that anymore 😒