The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Rose has scores 3 goals in his last 2 games, his finish yesterday for the first was very neat. Seems he has found some confidence 

He's also playing in a league below. 

11 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

How was Amartey when he came on?

Good to see he hasn’t been completely bombed out, as I still think he can offer something in that McKenzie role in certain types of game. 

Looked unsure as to whether he was meant to stay wide or come inside.

When he got the ball, he'd stop and then try going past the defender instead of using his momentum. Invariably he lost it.

As someone else mentioned, every stoppage in play brown had him over at the touchline getting instruction.

Bit surprised that we were allowed to get away with a quick free kick on the edge of their box, particularly as the keeper hadn’t had a chance to get back into position after being booked.  Happy to take it, but I doubt we’d have been happy if that happened at the other end.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Bit surprised that we were allowed to get away with a quick free kick on the edge of their box, particularly as the keeper hadn’t had a chance to get back into position after being booked.  Happy to take it, but I doubt we’d have been happy if that happened at the other end.

Think it may have been because their keeper and defence was actively trying to delay the game instead of getting back to the positions they  should have been? 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Think it may have been because their keeper and defence was actively trying to delay the game instead of getting back to the positions they  should have been? 

It’s always been a bit of a grey area to me. When does the referee allow a quick free kick and when not?  Given the keeper was out of position, I can’t blame the Airdrie players for trying to stop a quick one.  I would generally expect players to wait for the referee’s whistle when it’s on the edge of the box right enough.  If it’s a break for us, then I’ll take it!

The free kick is Airdrie's own fault and it's their gubbins goalkeeper in particular. His priority should have been getting back to his line. Instead he is gesticulating over the fact he handled it outside the box. It was karma in action if ever I saw it. It was delicious.

If it happened to us I'd have been berating our goalie rather than the referee. Quick free kicks are a thing and have been since the Arsenal invincible days. The Airdrie defenders should also have been ready for it. Its a lack of concentration. Too busy complaining to the referee instead of doing their jobs.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t understand why we punted Rose only to replace him with Willoughby. Rose scores 2 yesterday while Willoughby doesn’t look like an upgrade at all.

Rose was pish, so in that scenario it would just be another failure of recruitment while trying to upgrade on him… 

The initial signs do point to us having yet another poor window though. 

54 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Rose looked to have turned the corner a bit before we loaned him out. He might be playing a league below but yesterday he played against team we lost twice to in the last 12 months 

Did he though?

People said he played well against Kelty, but he was absolutely appalling the week before against Arbroath and was equally poor when he came on against Queens Park. 

Hopefully he just needed some time to get up to speed with the game here and he might have something to offer next year…

Thought the assists for all 3 goals were really good yesterday.

Lovely weighted pass from McKenzie for the first.

Fantastic pressing, persistence and then skill from Murphy for the second.

Clever quick thinking from Chalmers for the third.

Watched Rhys McCabe's interview with Airdrie TV and he says he's disappointed that someone didn't belt the ball into the stand to prevent our free kick being taken quickly. Fair point.

A quick check of the highlights shows that the closest person that would have been able to do that was none other than yer man Rhys McCabe.

4 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Watched Rhys McCabe's interview with Airdrie TV and he says he's disappointed that someone didn't belt the ball into the stand to prevent our free kick being taken quickly. Fair point.

A quick check of the highlights shows that the closest person that would have been able to do that was none other than yer man Rhys McCabe.

GIRFUY! 😆

I think his complaints about the free kick being taken quickly are purely to cover for that awful goalkeeper: that was arguably the second goal he sold yesterday.

13 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

How was Amartey when he came on?

Good to see he hasn’t been completely bombed out, as I still think he can offer something in that McKenzie role in certain types of game. 

Bad, he only got on the park because Murphy was injured mind.  It wasn't really an ideal sub to make at that point in the game either.  

Felt a bit sorry for Tomlinson yesterday, Airdrie basically only went down his side, was good going forward but Musonda, Syla and Bryden weren't helping him out.  Funny thing with the goal is that happens to McCalister more than once every single game.  

I was also pissed off at some of our fans yesterday, usually the nice thing about away games is the dicks from the SRE don't travel so nobody is abusing the players but there was guys behind me screaming abuse most of the match calling them c***s etc, they were even screaming at Murphy for losing the ball when he was injured saying he's past it etc, Murphy obviously has an absolute Stormer yesterday and has two assists :lol:

Nicer though was just how happy Anton Dowds was at the end of the game, he was just chuffed as f**k standing with the match ball and the biggest smile, fucking lovely.  

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I was also pissed off at some of our fans yesterday, usually the nice thing about away games is the dicks from the SRE don't travel so nobody is abusing the players but there was guys behind me screaming abuse most of the match calling them c***s etc, they were even screaming at Murphy for losing the ball when he was injured saying he's past it etc, Murphy obviously has an absolute Stormer yesterday and has two assists :lol:

You should have headbutted them.

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Felt a bit sorry for Tomlinson yesterday, Airdrie basically only went down his side, was good going forward but Musonda, Syla and Bryden weren't helping him out.  Funny thing with the goal is that happens to McCalister more than once every single game.  

Nicer though was just how happy Anton Dowds was at the end of the game, he was just chuffed as f**k standing with the match ball and the biggest smile, fucking lovely.  

I can't stand this behaviour. I once nearly ended up scrapping with our own fans, mid game in Dumfries for this very reason! 

You'll always have good patter and light-hearted banter (such as, let's pretend we scored a goal 🎶, when we're getting walked over) but the over the top pish needs to get to f**k. It's even more ridiculous given the positive change in the past month.

Although it's still early days in the Brown story, I'm buzzing looking forward again, first time since the weeks Smith bought us. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

There keeper 100% deserved that free kick being taken early, guy trying to play like manuel neuer and looking more like Jack Ruddy, if Finn Ecrepont was playing he'd have had a hat trick as well.

Edited by Superhursty7