The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have absolutely no interest in playing Killie in a friendly tbh. 

Celtic makes complete sense to get an early financial boost, we might as well take full advantage of the manager. Five thousand odd Celtic fans is a lot of money!

Apart from the money, I can't think of anything worse than seeing the OF. I wouldn't go, guess that's a choice though.

A friendly against a decent English Championship or League 1 Club would also bring in the punters without having anything to do with the arse cheeks. I'd love us to think outside the box a bit with this rather than a game against bloody Celtic again. It's just a boring choice.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Also heard Killie for the new stand opening and Celtic the following week.

f**k that.

Surely to f**k we can get a big non-domestic side to come over for a glamour friendly rather than the shit kickers from up the road or either of the OF?

Edited by ComradeDiego

Playing Kilmarnock in a friendly is nonsensical and cheapens the fixture completely. Celtic would bring in some money but we could also push the boat out a bit and get an English team with a big following up - Newcastle or Sunderland would be good.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Ryan Fulton leaving Hamilton, very decent keeper at this level, one we should be looking at.  Also heard Killie for the new stand opening and Celtic the following week.

Not sure that’s 100% ! 

41 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have absolutely no interest in playing Killie in a friendly tbh. 

Celtic makes complete sense to get an early financial boost, we might as well take full advantage of the manager. Five thousand odd Celtic fans is a lot of money!

I'm for any money spinner if it goes to on field budget. Think 5k celtic fans might be a stretch but ye never know lol

Can't say I'd be thrilled at the prospect of playing Killie and/or Celtic in a friendly. The latter would probably be another B team/fringe player like the Moff testimonial. 

Would be good to see a foreign team in a friendly...and I don't mean one from Ireland 🤣

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Can't say I'd be thrilled at the prospect of playing Killie and/or Celtic in a friendly. The latter would probably be another B team/fringe player like the Moff testimonial. 

Would be good to see a foreign team in a friendly...and I don't mean one from Ireland 🤣

Think it’s hard to get any team outside Scotland that early , our season start middle of July so this game would need to be early July ,England start a lot later than us 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Think it’s hard to get any team outside Scotland that early , our season start middle of July so this game would need to be early July ,England start a lot later than us 

I thought this, the only thing I thought of was if we are able to get someone having to go through the qualifying rounds for Europe but it would end up being a small team from Wales or Ireland most likely, and wouldn’t bring many fans 

Can't say id be thrilled with thousands of either of the old firm rocking up at somerset. But as others have pointed out it would probably be a good money spinner.

Doubt i'd go along though.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Apart from the money, I can't think of anything worse than seeing the OF. I wouldn't go, guess that's a choice though.

A friendly against a decent English Championship or League 1 Club would also bring in the punters without having anything to do with the arse cheeks. I'd love us to think outside the box a bit with this rather than a game against bloody Celtic again. It's just a boring choice.

I just don’t see how it’s the case that an English championship side would bring even a tenth of the fans Celtic would, never mind a league one side. It’s basically bringing in a good player potentially. 

Again? We haven’t played Celtic in decades… 

I wouldn’t be bothered about going either tbh. 

Edited by No_Problemo

3 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

It's not been that long since Gretna has it.....!? 

2016!!!

Any big name team would send their U-16s anyway. And it's not like Napoli are going to bring much of an away support, saving maybe a bus from Largs.

The arse cheeks usually get some decent teams over for friendlies. Celtic had Wolves and Athletic Bilbao last season for instance.

If we're using the Broony connections could we not get them to piggyback another game onto their visit? 

Would 100% much rather see that and would expect a decent crowd.