The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Weren't we apparently after him last season as well? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Was that not Liam Smith? Former player

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

Two generations of Ayr supporters have never seen their team in the top league. No Ayr supporter in history has seen them win a major trophy. No town of a similar size has such an abject record. Even new clubs like ICT and Livi have won a major trophy. Absolute tinpot. 

Every time Kilmarnock make a signing, you and your pals are on here trying to get it right up Ayr. How did McInroy or VanVeen work out? What about GMS? 

is it a lack of self awareness or just not caring about how much of a c**t you make of yourself, that’s keeps making you come back? 

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

Watch the Scotland games with Scott Brown, Steven Whittaker and Jamie Murphy would be a good selling point. 

Not for them obviously, I’m sure they would prefer arse surgery than sitting with a crowd of steaming fans. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

A QOTS fan said us or Morton could sign him based on Hearts wanting him to play at a higher level. A QOTS fan replied saying they were disappointed that Ayr were signing him as he was good. A Morton fan said he heard he was signing for them. 

That is the extent of Ayr's involvement in the rumour we are signing him. 

No, the truth of the matter is that I noticed a discussion about keepers on this thread and so I mentioned that Stone was worth looking at and that he was too good for another season in League 1 and should be up in the Championship now.  I was then messaged directly (ie outside of the thread) by an Ayr fan who said he'd been told that Stone had just signed for Ayr.  So that's where the rumour came from, and it looks as though it will turn out to be a false rumour as it looks like he's now heading to Falkirk - which doesn't surprise me as McGlynn will be extremely well connected at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

Two generations of Ayr supporters have never seen their team in the top league. No Ayr supporter in history has seen them win a major trophy. No town of a similar size has such an abject record. Even new clubs like ICT and Livi have won a major trophy. Absolute tinpot. 

These major trophies you refer to. If I visit Rugby Park tomorrow which ones will I see? Photos are ineligible.

Posted (edited)

Don't reply to the weird Killie fans that are desperate for attention from supporters of a club they claim not to care about.

Leave them ignored so the thread doesn't get filled up with their shite.

Edited by AUcal

5 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Plenty of cash to advertise for yet ANOTHER two, OFF field management staff tho ser... at, at least 35k a yr each. In the hope that the new venture generates the intended/required income. In a social climate and landscape, that has been changing for years. People don't host parties and go out drinking near as often as they did prior. While I know that income generation comes from match day, every second week in the form of hospitality.... the old suite used to host loads of parties and events, that are now not as common place in society. I say this, as someone whom, over the past 18 months has held two family parties @Camerons and as fantastic as they were... they weren't cheap, at all!.

That is exactly the correct strategy and i also hope they are on an incentive scheme if cash targets are hit. It shouldn't be left to the likes of Mathie to run alongside all of the other departments he is in charge of. Someone from within that industry will have the correct contacts/knowledge of running a similar operation and the better it works out the more cash is generated for the club. There are probably also many uses for the facility over a week so they can adapt if times are tight

44 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Don't reply to the weird Killie fans that are desperate for attention from supporters of a club they claim not to care about.

Leave them ignored so the thread doesn't get filled up with their shite.

I utilise the rather handy ignore feature. It makes browsing P&B infinitely better.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

That is exactly the correct strategy and i also hope they are on an incentive scheme if cash targets are hit. It shouldn't be left to the likes of Mathie to run alongside all of the other departments he is in charge of. Someone from within that industry will have the correct contacts/knowledge of running a similar operation and the better it works out the more cash is generated for the club. There are probably also many uses for the facility over a week so they can adapt if times are tight

I do very much agree you have to have the right people in the correct roles and it's how these ventures should be run. It was mearly a rebuttal to the, don't moan when we have no money point made by Tarbouffin. The right people in the correct positions are also required on the park, to make the football a success and make people want to part with their cash.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I utilise the rather handy ignore feature. It makes browsing P&B infinitely better.

Made p&b a lot better when I found the function

20 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Aye. Aside from blocking out inane Killie wideos, it’s made Ayr V Morton match threads far more bearable. 

45 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That’s Crawford signed for thistle officially- don’t the know the players are on holiday so can’t be signing anyone. 

On a Pre Contract ! He will officially sign when his contract at Morton ends 

We are maybe waiting on contacts at previous clubs to run out before announcing