The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 22/05/2024 at 17:45, Thereisalight.. said:

DKBs released Steven Warnock as well. Always rated the lad when I saw him in reserve games and from Maybole. 

Too small and lightweight for the top flight, he was never a Mcinnes type player. 

He did little of note when loaned to Edinburgh City, but feel free to gush over him. 

5 hours ago, railwayend said:

Killie boy nobody on here actually thinks about your team , our club is on the move , it’s only a question of time now before we return to the top flight . Soon all your wee one liners will be defunct . So chill out and enjoy your final days being AYRshire’s representative in the premiership. The fleet is in motion . 

Yer dealer must have some good gear in just now. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

This cat talk reminds me of the old Mascot 'SylvestAyr', which was Sylvester of looney tune fame in an Ayr top.

Probably the pishest mascot ever to grace the field at Somerset. An Abomination. Whoever came up with that idea needed binned.

Stranraer raises you Scooby Doo, or Scooby Blue as he's officially called irrc 😆

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Too small and lightweight for the top flight, he was never a Mcinnes type player. 

He did little of note when loaned to Edinburgh City, but feel free to gush over him. 

Aye because Danny Armstrong and Matty Kennedy are built like shit houses and 6 foot 🙄

Hardly "gushing over him" because I said he stood out in reserve games I watched. 

Edited by Thereisalight..

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye because Danny Armstrong and Matty Kennedy are built like shit houses and 6 foot 🙄

They didnae get tossed aside like an auld scud book by bucket n spade league defenders. 

58 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Celtic sold over 3,000 tickets for the 5th ! 

Good stuff, I'd happily sell the entire ground to them, would mean over 150 grand in gross ticket sales which would be brilliant.

Personally I have no interest in going to games against either of the erse cheeks (let alone meaningless friendlies) but appreciate that there might be some Ayr fans who want to go this match.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, railwayend said:

Celtic sold over 3,000 tickets for the 5th ! 

The board on the floor of the new hospitality suite on the 6thmoney-angel-cash.gif.a75a0b702d3e562f20dd9d7d7796a3de.gif

Edited by AUcal

You do know that Celtic aren't turning up FOC? They'll be charging you to come down - they're not daft (unlike their 'fans'). Might even be on a (large) % of the revenue generated. That's the way I'd do it.

Then you've got to actually pay for everything happening in the ground, as well as paying for facilities damage (seat and toilets especially), then there's flare insurance, industrial todd removal equipment, glass sweeping for about a 5-mile radius, and napalm level air freshener to get the stink out the place.

You'll be lucky to get £5k back after that!

(You'll get more than £5k...)

36 minutes ago, baba douche said:

You do know that Celtic aren't turning up FOC? They'll be charging you to come down - they're not daft (unlike their 'fans'). Might even be on a (large) % of the revenue generated. That's the way I'd do it.

Then you've got to actually pay for everything happening in the ground, as well as paying for facilities damage (seat and toilets especially), then there's flare insurance, industrial todd removal equipment, glass sweeping for about a 5-mile radius, and napalm level air freshener to get the stink out the place.

You'll be lucky to get £5k back after that!

(You'll get more than £5k...)

Think Broony might get us a favour or two .

7 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

TBF I semi-regularly do podcasts about pro wrestling and always liked the idea of it but I don’t know any of the editing part of it if I can find someone who could i would maybe  give it a bash 

Editing isn't that hard I found, most of mine were one take jobs though.   

23 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Think Broony might get us a favour or two .

Aye, they might bring a slightly better team, but moneys money to them - why do you think they fly half-way round the world to play a friendly? For the fans?

It's good to use whatever leverage you can, but they'll still take their pound of flesh, ex captain or not.

And anyway, you won't need to raise that much to sign your next targets - your sugar-daddy owner is letting you blow everyone else out the water with the crazy wages you're offering!

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

Giving away fans seats and toilets is bourgeois SPL pish.

35 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Editing isn't that hard I found, most of mine were one take jobs though.   

Was a sad day when you stopped the podcasts, I enjoyed them.

Can appreciate it can probably be a bit of a pain though, not something I could be bothered with putting together.

10 minutes ago, baba douche said:

your sugar-daddy owner is letting you blow everyone else out the water with the crazy wages you're offering!

200-5.gif.5f4c7b7f221c2e9e81b7ef432e9e0dc1.gif

39 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Aye, they might bring a slightly better team, but moneys money to them - why do you think they fly half-way round the world to play a friendly? For the fans?

It's good to use whatever leverage you can, but they'll still take their pound of flesh, ex captain or not.

And anyway, you won't need to raise that much to sign your next targets - your sugar-daddy owner is letting you blow everyone else out the water with the crazy wages you're offering!

Make It Rain Money GIF

47 minutes ago, baba douche said:

your sugar-daddy owner is letting you blow everyone else out the water with the crazy wages you're offering!

Imagine if we'd signed someone better than Oakley, the seethe would be picked up on seismometers

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

From what has been said, we offered Oakley a 50%. Wage raise. So if he was on £500 a week at Morton, we have offered £750 a week. Which would make him one of the higher earners at Ayr. These numbers are a guess but I doubt Morton are paying much more and we certainly couldn’t offer more than £750 a week.