The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Need 3 goals and we bring on bryden 🤦‍♂️

It shows up our lack of options there, hopefully will soon look incredibly stupid as he should be scoring against teams at this level. 

It should be possible to score two goals in twenty minutes at home against Highland League opposition.*

* without conceding again

* even with Bryden playing

If we go out on goal difference here . Which looks pretty likely then it’s down to those horror substitutions at Stenny . Unless ofcourse Dowds and Oakley are carrying knows . Nevertheless hugely disappointing. 

Must admit I was puzzled by the decision to settle for 4 at Stenhousemuir.  Could easily have scored another couple instead of fannying about with pointless substitutions.  Too confident we’d hammer Buckie I guess.

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Must admit I was puzzled by the decision to settle for 4 at Stenhousemuir.  Could easily have scored another couple instead of fannying about with pointless substitutions.  Too confident we’d hammer Buckie I guess.

Tbf we should be beating Buckie by more than one goal

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

If we go out on goal difference here . Which looks pretty likely then it’s down to those horror substitutions at Stenny . Unless ofcourse Dowds and Oakley are carrying knows . Nevertheless hugely disappointing. 

Or it could be down to not performing against a poor Buckie side..

It’s not the stenny game. It’s the forty sitters Dowds and Oakley between them decided to scuff or fart about with. So wasteful.

We werent helped by the ref either. That’s the worst I’ve seen from a ref in years. Shocking. The call on Bryson being offside was galling. 

Bucky are decent though. Look like a league 1 or 2 team. They were just stodgy. But we should’ve creamed them. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

1 minute ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

It’s not the stenny game. It’s the forty sitters Dowds and Oakley between them decided to scuff or fart about with. So wasteful. Not helped by the ref either.

Bucky are decent though. Look like a league 1 or 2 team. But we should’ve creamed them. 

They lost 4-0 to Stenny, 5-1 to Falkirk and 5-2 to DU. Maybe we just made them look like a league 1 or 2 team.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Tbf we should be beating Buckie by more than one goal

They scored 2 against Dundee Utd in all fairness.  Had 30 minutes against a well beaten Stenhousemuir to give ourselves a wee buffer.  Never look a gift horse in the mouth…

Ach that's really frustrating. More than enough chances today and on Tuesday to secure the qualification and didn't take them.

On to Hamilton

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

They lost 4-0 to Stenny, 5-1 to Falkirk and 5-2 to DU. Maybe we just made them look like a league 1 or 2 team.

Sorry, shoulda said “looked decent”. Agree, we likely flattered them. 

Just now, Nelson said:

They scored 2 against Dundee Utd in all fairness.  Had 30 minutes against a well beaten Stenhousemuir to give ourselves a wee buffer.  Never look a gift horse in the mouth…

I’ll put it down to a young manager making a mistake . We need to drop it and move on . However that’s the Christmas window budget slimed down a bit . 

3 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I don’t think so.

It’s far more down to Dowds missing enough sitters be could’ve had a hat trick and the fact we managed to concede three goals over the Stenny and Buckie games. In these games you’re relying on your striker to finish off chances. Everyone did their jobs today apart from Dowds, and to a lesser extent Oakley.

You can’t point the finger at the manager for not keeping on two strikers who actually haven’t played all that well in these cup games. There’s absolutely nothing to say we’d have scored more in the Stenhousemuir game if we’d kept them on but you can say without a doubt that if Dowds and Oakley scored their chances then we’d have gone through.