The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Having watched the Dundee derby today that probably gave me a bit of fire in the belly for wanting us to get promotion to the promised land to experience derbies like that against Killie.

Imagine a packed Somerset rocking on Sky in the Ayrshire Derby, would be a sight to behold...

12 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Having watched the Dundee derby today that probably gave me a bit of fire in the belly for wanting us to get promotion to the promised land to experience derbies like that against Killie.

Imagine a packed Somerset rocking on Sky in the Ayrshire Derby, would be a sight to behold...

Would killie get the home end?

A few things from Saturday at Hamilton.

1.  Large queue forming to use their prepaid QR code to get in.  Other turnstiles were for cash payment.  After a good 5 mins of no more cash payments, announcing that both turnstiles can be used - I had QR code, showed it to the guy - no scanners - he said I just scan with my eyes 🤣

2.  Watched a farcical episode unfold over someone trying to get an approx 8 x 5 flag in - with fire certificate stitched to it.  Regulars will have seen it before in various grounds.  Steward was like “It’s the rules”.  Supervisor gets asked for, she says the same.  I get in the ground and then, low and behold, in comes the flag 🤣

3.  No pies left at 2:55 #black&whitepound (don’t know if they managed to get anymore in later)

4.  Was brilliant, despite the robbing, wage denying hosts charging £26 a skull, to see the mighty Ayr away show up in such large numbers

33 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

1.  Large queue forming to use their prepaid QR code to get in.  Other turnstiles were for cash payment.  After a good 5 mins of no more cash payments, announcing that both turnstiles can be used - I had QR code, showed it to the guy - no scanners - he said I just scan with my eyes 🤣

2.  Watched a farcical episode unfold over someone trying to get an approx 8 x 5 flag in - with fire certificate stitched to it.  Regulars will have seen it before in various grounds.  Steward was like “It’s the rules”.  Supervisor gets asked for, she says the same.  I get in the ground and then, low and behold, in comes the flag 🤣

3.  No pies left at 2:55 #black&whitepound (don’t know if they managed to get anymore in later)

4.  Was brilliant, despite the robbing, wage denying hosts charging £26 a skull, to see the mighty Ayr away show up in such large numbers

Please, take over from Callum bud. The best appraisal I've heard in yrs 👏🤣

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Trying to charge my tall but clearly nowhere near 18 year old son £18 to get in and then getting crabbit when he was dug up about it was interesting. Got to pay the wages somehow eh?

And they can ram their pies up their hoops. £26 to get into half a stadium is a joke. Thanks for the 3 points though Accies 😁

Just now, Honestmen said:

A chance to stretch our lead at the top lol

So that's Airdie (H), Accies (H), Raith (H) and Dunfermline (A) for rest of August.  Being very greedy if you got 10 points from them you would be over the moon.

21 minutes ago, Peil said:

Shit, that's my wife's 40th

Sounds like a great excuse for the hospitality.  

Also if you have a few drinks you can ask her to pick you up after!

Edited by callum-ayr

54 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Having someone that can take the ball off the feet of the defence, turn round and run 60 yards and slip in your striker for a 1 on 1 is an absolute god send at any level never mind the hell of the 2nd tier.