The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Scott-ish said:

I heard they're renaming it Ayrdrie because we own them.

Have you been working on this since last Friday? 😁

34 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Wish these c***s over in Kirkcaldy would hurry up and announce someone.

Longer this goes on the more i begin to worry...

Chill bro. Just ask yourself, what is so much better over there to make him throw all this away ? 

They already have their Scott Brown, they are not allowed two. 

Surely it would have been in the daily Rangers or Scum by now if he was inline to be appointed , online saying they are hoping to announce new manager in next couple of days with Liam Fox firm favourite , betting move in last few days days

Brown 3/1 to 5/2

Fox 4/1 to 6/4 

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Chill bro. Just ask yourself, what is so much better over there to make him throw all this away ?

Just like when McCall left us flying at the top to go to Partick at the bottom...

Just now, Rb123 said:

Just like when McCall left us flying at the top to go to Partick at the bottom...

Only thing there is he went to a team very close to his heart and said it was the only club he would have left us to manage 

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

McCall couldn't do much more with us. Brown and Whittaker are just starting and plan to take us on a journey.  They have built a decent squad , completed preseason and started the league well and have a good relationship with the chairman. They aren't going to throw all that away overnight to go to raith,  who have a massively overaged squad (someone else's squad), blown most of transfer budget, and have a chairman who has just fired the manager who took them to 2nd place after the 1st game of the season. I feel your concerns as we have something good which doesn't happen that often down our way, but I honestly cannot see any reason for him to decide to go there. Their fans just want him cos he's the best in the league just now.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Surely it would have been in the daily Rangers or Scum by now if he was inline to be appointed , online saying they are hoping to announce new manager in next couple of days with Liam Fox firm favourite , betting move in last few days days

Brown 3/1 to 5/2

Fox 4/1 to 6/4 

Admittedly I’m not 100% on betting odds but 5/2 is shorter than 3/1 no? 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd be a bit pissed off if Brown was even interviewed. Somebody probably saw a black range rover type motor parked outside Starks and put 2+2 together and got 5. 

If we were to interview you'd have to imagine it would be somewhere away from the stadium. Probably the Dean Park who are our main sponsors. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If we were to interview you'd have to imagine it would be somewhere away from the stadium. Probably the Dean Park who are our main sponsors. 

I'd be surprised if he even went for an interview tbh. Seems he's quite content at us and trying to get us to the mythical promised land of the top flight. 

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It is, 5/2 is basically a 2.5/1 vs. 3/1

short odds mean the bookies think something is more likely to happen

long odds mean less likely

All it means with McBookie is that 3 people stuck a fiver on Brown and McBookie have no way to check if they're "ITK people" so they shorten the odds just incase

Edited by mugen_power

42 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yes but 4/1 to 6/4 is a much bigger move than 3/1 to 5/2 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Brown 3/1 to 5/2

Fox 4/1 to 6/4 

I know it's not him, but every time I see the name Liam Fox I can't help but imagine this fud

Screenshot_20240815-223849.png