The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

So it looks like Liam Fox for the Raith job, after all that bed wetting by a certain section of our support.

Given the number of names being bandied about, I'll only believe it when someone is in post. He does fit their profile though, as more of a head coach than a manager.

11 hours ago, Iain said:

The pyro on Friday looked like it barely cleared the crowd. Definite potential for injury throwing that sort of thing under a low roof.

It didn't clear the crowd... I'm sure I saw it bounce of a young girl and land in the middle of a crowd of people...so potential for injury is high so really needs to be stopped.

11 hours ago, Iain said:

The pyro on Friday looked like it barely cleared the crowd. Definite potential for injury throwing that sort of thing under a low roof.

Solution.  Provide them with a sand bucket. 

5 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Smoke bombs > that f**king drum

Wouldn't be upset if they were both banned! 

Spent 40+ years in same place at the back of the Somerset Road end, just in line with the left hand post. Moved to the north stand this season to get away from that f%#@&ng drum.

Edited by yorkshirepud

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

Smoke bombs > that f**king drum

Drums are great. There should be more drums.

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

So it looks like Liam Fox for the Raith job, after all that bed wetting by a certain section of our support.

I'd assumed a lot of people on here were just playing along with the joke, much like how people routinely refer to Scott Brown as being on 10k a week due to some Falkirk headbanger. (though I do think some people sincerely thought that homesickness might be an issue, with it being the most Ayr thing in the world to assume that nobody ever moves more than ten miles from where they're born and this is the primary consideration of all football players.)

Being honest, I actually don't mind flares/smokebombs if done in a conducted way. I have bad asthma and need an inhaler at all times but it's never really done me any harm, personally. I would agree on saying that throwing them onto the pitch and near people is a stupid idea but I think a permanent ban is a bit harsh tbh.

18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

(though I do think some people sincerely thought that homesickness might be an issue, with it being the most Ayr thing in the world to assume that nobody ever moves more than ten miles from where they're born and this is the primary consideration of all football players.)

This does happen quite a lot right enough. Mostly with Scottish players, not so much with the English ones. McInroy being a prime example.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

This does happen quite a lot right enough. Mostly with Scottish players, not so much with the English ones. McInroy being a prime example.

That sixteen mile distance from Ayr to Kilmarnock was clearly crucial in his career choices

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I'm sure Brown is home sick, I mean he's only spent 95% of his playing and managerial career out side the kingdom of Fife.

Has he and his family relocated to Ayrshire or is he down here on his own?

Even if he is ‘home sick’ I still only think he would leave if things were going badly (they aren’t) or for a team significantly better (they aren’t). The club posting ‘statement’ posts aside, I’m not fearing anything. 

2 minutes ago, HonestJim said:

Has he and his family relocated to Ayrshire or is he down here on his own?

Even if he is ‘home sick’ I still only think he would leave if things were going badly (they aren’t) or for a team significantly better (they aren’t). The club posting ‘statement’ posts aside, I’m not fearing anything. 

Apparently he’s living in Ayr now. 

22 minutes ago, Iain said:

That sixteen mile distance from Ayr to Kilmarnock was clearly crucial in his career choices

Now he's tucked up in his old room at his mammy's house with no club. 

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently he’s living in Ayr now. 

And why would he want to live anywhere else, much nicer than Fife. And good schools for his kids as well.  Burns over Adam Smith all day.