The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Felt that Watret coming on really increased our tempo and intent yesterday, although I wonder if he would have been brought on at all had Musonda not pulled up holding his hamstring.

Frankie was impressive going forward at RB last Friday but he struggled to get into the game this weekend and was caught too high numerous times in the first half. Brown and the team will still be learning the best ways to make the system work. Given we were less dominant in possession yesterday than previously, a natural full back was probably the right call for stability.

Watret didn't look out of place at all, in fact he was a stand out.

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Paper straws are the scourge of society. 

And cats shitting in my garden. And the lack of jam in the Empire Biscuits we sell. Oh and the new macaroni pies we have. 

Pleasing that the only thing I have to moan about so far from games this season is the food! 

I'd like some highlights please Mr Ayr.

Henderson's assist, Rus with a worldie and Watret sending Longridge to the shops. Please and thank you.

Bring back Wuffster I say.

21 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I'd like some highlights please Mr Ayr.

Henderson's assist, Rus with a worldie and Watret sending Longridge to the shops. Please and thank you.

Bring back Wuffster I say.

Edited by itzdrk

I know folk were saying Rus was walking fine clapping the fans at full time but he's limping away behind George Oakley in the post match interview.  

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

Who assisted the first goal there? Was some touch! 

Dylan Watret, the 3rd goal. 

Had the fullback in his back pocket time and again.

Rus is the one player we don't have a direct replacement for, I know we can't replace his quality if he gets injured or suspended but we don't have another attacking midfielder in the squad, waker might be it but we haven't seen enough of him yet to see if he could be the cover in that 10 role.

15 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Rus is the one player we don't have a direct replacement for, I know we can't replace his quality if he gets injured or suspended but we don't have another attacking midfielder in the squad, waker might be it but we haven't seen enough of him yet to see if he could be the cover in that 10 role.

Mark McKenzie come on down 

Finding it difficult to stay grounded after this start to a season. So I thought I'd try and introduce some 'yes, but' sense here. 

Marco Rus is a TOP player at this level but, as some have already pointed out, he'll be targeted in every game now and might not be so effective once the pitches get slower. He's already been the subject of some injury-provoking tackles and I expect that to continue for the rest of the season 😕. Just hoping he gets some protection (some hope with clowns like that idiot in black we had on Saturday). I wish the boy well - great player and one that has fans off their seats in the new North Stand 😀). He's worth the entry money alone. 

The next 'yes, but' is suspensions and injuries. We are reliant on one or two creative players to open up defences so we'll be exposed if/when Henderson, Murphy and Rus are indisposed - very happy to be proved wrong. 

All that said, the performance and the crowd reaction was truly  wonderful on Saturday. I'm in the new North Stand and the roar at our goals was really something. I think the players heard it, especially when Jamie scored the first. 

More please. Much much more 😀

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

As much as I hate disposable plastic waste I still have a pack of plastic bendy straws that I retain for shotgunning bottles.

I used to have a secret stash of plastic straws in the car in case I went to McDonalds. 

2 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

I do wonder if Tomlinson could do that role, he obviously isn’t as smart a footballer as Rus and questions about his physicality and defensive side but certainly has the pace to do so plus he did play in centre mid in the youth academy