The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

So if the midfield, defence and tactics were exactly the same as it is just now would any one trade the front two of Dowds and Oakley for a front two of Adeloye and Dipo?

A big part of the current set up is having strikers with energy and a degree of urgency in their play to press and harass defenders, forcing them to punt long balls or make errors. it helps that both can play a bit too. It's that combo of work rate and quality that makes us so good upront. I would love to see Dipo in this team, he'd be a perfect fit. Adeloye, no so much. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

I think Dipo and Tomi are both absolutely fantastic for this level but they are very much individuals. 

Probably the only guy (who isn't here already) from the two teams they played in that would fit the current team would be Alex Kirk

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Dipo and Tomi are both absolutely fantastic for this level but they are very much individuals. 

Probably the only guy (who isn't here already) from the two teams they played in that would fit the current team would be Alex Kirk

Free agent 😊 (apparently)

Screenshot_20240827-223356.png

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

And Reece McAlear… obviously. 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And Reece McAlear… obviously. 

Of course, Ben Dempsey may be able to compose himself having played with him before but Marco Rus would be simple awestruck to play with such a Goliath of the game. 

53 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Dipo walks in to any team in the Championship. Agree on Kirk, the lad was tremendous for us and i still think we would have won the cup game at Falkirk if he was playing over McGinty. 

Edited by Shibuya

11 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Dipo walks in to any team in the Championship. Agree on Kirk, the lad was tremendous for us and i still think we would have won the cup game at Falkirk if he was playing over McGinty. 

It was masonda that had an absolute nightmare at falkirk. Fault for both goals .handball for pen and scored a deflected own goal.  

How the f**k chris maguire took the pen ill never know.  The most deflated in a long long time I've felt after a game .

28 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

It was masonda that had an absolute nightmare at falkirk. Fault for both goals .handball for pen and scored a deflected own goal.  

How the f**k chris maguire took the pen ill never know.  The most deflated in a long long time I've felt after a game .

Oh aye, so it was! I do recall thinking that McGinty looked hobbled for much of the game and, even more so than usual, just whacked the ball anywhere when he got it. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

You Could argue James Maxwell 🤔

2 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

it helps that both can play a bit too. It's that combo of work rate and quality that makes us so good upront. I would love to see Dipo in this team, he'd be a perfect fit. Adeloye, no so much. 

Apparently a free agent as well 🫤

12 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The sound his pen pinging of the post still gives me the fear. Tried to be a showoff and made an arse of it. 

Also like to add what an upgrade Jamie Murphy is over Maguire. 

59 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

This sounds great, but it's the sort of initiative that will only work for as long as there are pro-active people on both ends pushing it forward. As soon as it becomes the third or fourth priority for whoever's job it is to manage the project it becomes very easy to shelve, even if that's not the intention. Hopefully it works out well though, because a lot of people have been saying for a long time that it benefits the club to have this kind of link.