The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I really don't get the McGeady hate, I could understand if he was clearly done (and he is) and was still being shoehorned in to the first team or bench he's not in Brown's plans and has not made a song or dance about it, he's clearly working to improve the young squad we have in 121 sessions and working with the loanees, wages he will be on penny's and is still doing what he's doing he could be sitting on some beach enjoying retirement not coming down to not so sunny old Ayr, is it tye Scotland thing? Because my understanding is we never looked at him when he was a younger guy he didn't snub Scotland for the ROI

5 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I really don't get the McGeady hate, I could understand if he was clearly done (and he is) and was still being shoehorned in to the first team or bench he's not in Brown's plans and has not made a song or dance about it, he's clearly working to improve the young squad we have in 121 sessions and working with the loanees, wages he will be on penny's and is still doing what he's doing he could be sitting on some beach enjoying retirement not coming down to not so sunny old Ayr, is it tye Scotland thing? Because my understanding is we never looked at him when he was a younger guy he didn't snub Scotland for the ROI

I mentioned this earlier in the season, I doubt he’s getting paid much and he’s been injured for the majority of the time he’s been here, he’s never started more than 2 games in any 10, he’s scored a couple and assisted a couple and isn’t coming on every week and stinking the place out. 
Last season, you could hear people groaning when he was getting ready to come on the pitch. 
Post Bullen, it was obvious that Brown didn’t want to accommodate Chalmers in to his style so McGeady had no chance. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Don't let Howley hear about the free tickets for refugees idea. 🙉

Au contraire - I'm hoping he does see or hear of it......and wises-up

6 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Maybe an anonymous group of benefactors could club together to sponsor him, so every time he's subbed on he gets announced as "Ryan Howley, sponsored by Refugees Are Welcome Here"!

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Don't let Howley hear about the free tickets for refugees idea. 🙉

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

Last season I would have said the refugees had suffered enough without having to watch Bullenball. 

6 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

I really don't get the McGeady hate, I could understand if he was clearly done (and he is) and was still being shoehorned in to the first team or bench he's not in Brown's plans and has not made a song or dance about it.

Exactly this. The guys got over 100 international caps, played EPL and Champions League, won trophies. Having someone with that kind of experience as part of our set up is terrific.

Our team will learn loads from him and I'm certain we'll see the benefits.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I see Howley is in the last year of his Coventry contract. So I guess if he impresses we might keep him

If The Rangers find out about his political views they'll sign him up in a second.

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I see Howley is in the last year of his Coventry contract. So I guess if he impresses we might keep him

I believe we tried to buy Howely but couldn’t get a deal that suited us

37 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

I believe we tried to buy Howely but couldn’t get a deal that suited us

That’s interesting, if Brown rates him I’m fine with that . Maybe Coventry will be easier to deal with in the window should we want to avoid a bidding war in May .

5 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

As much as I'm chuffed that K*llie are out, I'm taken aback at how poor Copenhagen look. So sloppy and ponderous and getting bullied all over the park. Was the same with Cercle Bruges. Like watching a poor premiership match. 

Fortuitous for them that they got the bottom team in the Scottish league