The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**king criminal that you didn't mount a proper, proper title challenge with Forrest on one wing, McCowan on the other and Shankland up top.

Not sure they ever actually played together, mostly due to Forrest being injured for months and Ian McCall taking no interest in the youth academy.

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Not sure they ever actually played together, mostly due to Forrest being injured for months and Ian McCall taking no interest in the youth academy.

Aye that season we played Crawford wider in midfield rather than try and phase McCowan into the team. 

There’s also the thing that McCowans last season for us wasn’t anything particularly special. He scored some goals but Kerr dropped him for parts of that season because of how much he was struggling. Think he got sent off twice that year and there were question marks over his mentality as he had a habit of getting quite worked up. 

His best spell for us was in the year McCall left where we had a front three of Forrest, Moffat and McCowan. Once Kerr took over and we signed Drinan, McCowan was the one who ended up being dropped. 

Just now, Big chungus said:

Falkirk fan here. You guys have had some transfer window and not bad start to the season. I know you guys as fan will urge caution but you have to be huge favourites now.

Don't you be coming on here playing your crazy mind games with us.Black Lives Matter Hope GIF by INTO ACTION

8 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Falkirk fan here. You guys have had some transfer window and a not bad start to the season. I know you guys as fan will urge caution but you have to be huge favourites now.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

This is probably where we’re sitting when everyone is fit. Have omitted Mutch due to his being a long term injury. 

Harry Stone

Dylan Watreat

George Stanger

Scott McMann

Paddy Reading 

Jay Henderson

Ben Dempsey

Marco Rus

Jamie Murphy 

Anton Dowds

George Oakley 

Subs- Russell, McAvoy, Musonda, Devlin, Syla ,Howley, Hastie, Walker, Bavidge

Others: Mutch (injured), Guthrie, McGeady, McRoberts, Tomlinson, McAllister, McKenzie 

OOL- Ecrepont (East Stirlingshire), Murdoch (Clyde), Bryden (QOS) 

Strength and depth in every position. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

This game today is giving me the fear because of all this competent club management.

It’s what we crave as fans of diddy clubs but when it come our way we start getting paranoid, at least that what the voices in my head tell me 🤪

Edited by malkyshotton

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

This game today is giving me the fear because of all this competent club management.

Between our poor record against Dunfermline and all the buzz around the place it’s giving me the fear as well. 

Last week reminded me of the time we played Dunfermline in League 1 and Cardle got sent off at 1-1 and we still conspired to lose it. In recent times last week was the type of game we’d have managed to throw away but the attitude of the team to make the second half so comfortable but just holding the ball makes me think there’s a difference to this side. 

Watch us lose 1-0 today. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With how much Brown has been backed you’ve got to say anything less than promotion or at the very least making a right good go of it is a failure. 

I'm sure fans of Raith and Partick would say similar. 

11 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

@Skyline Drifter when is/was the deadline for players to sign then play tomorrow?

Proper signing or international loan would need signed before window closed at 11pm last night. 

You could sign a free agent pro or a domestic loan up to 12 noon today in theory although they are changing the rules to 5pm Friday night ahead of weekend games from next week.

48 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

It’s what we crave as fans of diddy clubs but when it come our way we start getting paranoid, at least that what the voices in my head tell me 🤪

McMann being out (?) is actually a bit of a problem.  Presumably Musonda is injured.  Not sure how much we can trust Devlin and throwing in McAvoy is a risk too if he’s still coming back from long term injury.

Just now, Nelson said:

McMann being out (?) is actually a bit of a problem.  Presumably Musonda is injured.  Not sure how much we can trust Devlin and throwing in McAvoy is a risk too if he’s still coming back from long term injury.

Option 3:Ayr United FC |

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is probably where we’re sitting when everyone is fit. Have omitted Mutch due to his being a long term injury. 

Harry Stone

Dylan Watreat

George Stanger

Scott McMann

Paddy Reading 

Jay Henderson

Ben Dempsey

Marco Rus

Jamie Murphy 

Anton Dowds

George Oakley 

Subs- Russell, McAvoy, Musonda, Devlin, Syla ,Howley, Hastie, Walker, Bavidge

Others: Mutch (injured), Guthrie, McGeady, McRoberts, Tomlinson, McAllister, McKenzie 

OOL- Ecrepont (East Stirlingshire), Murdoch (Clyde), Bryden (QOS) 

Strength and depth in every position. 

The lad from Aberdeen is going to be a much better player than both Dowds and Oakley IMO. Arguably he is now. He was the only forward last season that gave us bother in nearly every game he played against us.