The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Peil said:

I had such a heads gone at that game I got into an argument with him while they game was still being played, which he mentioned in his column in the Sunday Mail 😂

Met him a few years later when he was running a goalie coaching setup for young players. I sheepishly went up and explained who I was and offered my apologies for doing that during the game. He was sound, took time to talk through playing in that team with young inexperienced guys in front of him. Not a good time for anyone in the club.

He was a truly awful goalkeeper, I thought of him yesterday watching the Rangers and then Man United keepers because they did the same thing as he used to, the approach of diving beside a shot at goal rather than at, so it looked like they were making a valiant effort to make a save in real time but when you see it back, their positioning was completely wrong or they were too slow to react. 

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

When your getting paid half a million a year homesickness doesn’t matter a lot 

You'd be surprised. I'm working with a boy who was making close to that in Qatar, but his wife was ready for leaving him off he didn't come back.

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was a truly awful goalkeeper, I thought of him yesterday watching the Rangers and then Man United keepers because they did the same thing as he used to, the approach of diving beside a shot at goal rather than at, so it looked like they were making a valiant effort to make a save in real time but when you see it back, their positioning was completely wrong or they were too slow to react. 

I'm usually wrong with this sort of stuff but, I do recall being at a Ayr Vs Qos game at the beginning of the season in 2003/04. Hillcoat was in nets that game. Jumped for the ball like something from the matrix (Whilst the ball was going at normal speed) My grandfather started swearing at how shite he was, which was a rarity.

I remember laughing before the game as the team sheet had John Dodds in nets for Qos, he wasn't getting much of a look in for Ayr the year before due to Craig Nelson.

Think the final score was Ayr 1 - 4 Qos.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

What we thinking for Sunday?  Minutes for all the squad players and new guys? 

Russell 

McCalister Stanger McAvoy Reading

Syla Howley

McKenzie                                 Hastie

McRoberts* Walker

I see this game as a prep game for Thistle . So not so much messing about giving minutes to everyone. 

Stone

Watret 

McAyoy 

Stainger

Reading

Rus

Dempse

Howley

Hastie/Henderson

Oakley

Walker

4 hours ago, Peil said:

I had such a heads gone at that game I got into an argument with him while they game was still being played, which he mentioned in his column in the Sunday Mail 😂

Met him a few years later when he was running a goalie coaching setup for young players. I sheepishly went up and explained who I was and offered my apologies for doing that during the game. He was sound, took time to talk through playing in that team with young inexperienced guys in front of him. Not a good time for anyone in the club.

Was he still dancing round the training cones for a warm up?

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Also appeared in the Lord of the Rings.

Petercherrie.jpg

Peter Cherrie, debut at Morton and saved a penalty early on, we contrived to shitfest our way to a 1-0 win with our only effort on goal, think it was Darren Henderson who scored.

Another unbeaten trip to Cappielow for me 👍🏻👍🏻

16 minutes ago, Darth Crabbit said:

Was he still dancing round the training cones for a warm up?

No idea, I used to sit in the carpark and read a book. Boy didn't need me on the sidelines giving him added pressure, let his coach do his job.