The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Thought at the time he was glued to his line but on viewing this there's not a lot he could have done, looks like it might take nick of Stangers head too which made it loop into the corner. 

Also expect Walker to get the Brown hairdryer treatment over his play from 8:00-8:10 on this clip, could have lost us the game. Fair play to McAllister btw for the way he's got the head down trying to get back there lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvVKdycxLgY

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I didn’t think his kicking was remotely poor. A few heavy ones, but no big deal. There wasn’t anything obvious he should have came and collected either. 

This feels very much like picking at absolutely anything you can find in what was a decent debut from him. 

Thistle were camped in out area for the first 5 minutes, must have had 5 corners in that time, you wouldn't have known he was there. he didn't get involved. After oe of his errors, Brown started having a go at Timmons o the bench. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Thistle were camped in out area for the first 5 minutes, must have had 5 corners in that time, you wouldn't have known he was there. he didn't get involved. After oe of his errors, Brown started having a go at Timmons o the bench. 

So we are saying he could have commanded his box better in the first five minutes of his debut - fine with that, he also made a good save in that time and had a good debut overall though. His save from Milne was excellent in the second half. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I know VOR says Stone had a knock but if he's back next week and only on the bench then all sorts of rumours will start about Brown not fancying him etc

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

So we are saying he could have commanded his box better in the first five minutes of his debut - fine with that, he also made a good save in that time and had a good debut overall though. His save from Milne was excellent in the second half. 

I didn't say his football career was over based on his debut for Ayr today. 

I did say he looked nervous, didn't come off his line and his distribution was poor and slow. 

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Three first choice players have been out for weeks, is that an injury crisis?

Depends who it is and where they play I guess. We're down to our 5th choice centre back, who also happens to be our third choice right back🤣

49 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I didn't say his football career was over based on his debut for Ayr today. 

I did say he looked nervous, didn't come off his line and his distribution was poor and slow. 

I’m not sure where I implied that you did say that. 

The point was that he did several good things today and overall had a decent debut. 

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

I know VOR says Stone had a knock but if he's back next week and only on the bench then all sorts of rumours will start about Brown not fancying him etc

Stone 100% has a quad injury.  Did it taking a goal kick late on v Raith.

Rus was a boot in the calf and hopefully nothing more long term. 

Edited by Hursty

With our injuries I'll take the draw. Partick started very quickly first half but we came back in to it well. Last 10 minutes there was some very panicky defending, not helped by the referee being a useless clown the whole game. 

Watret again had an excellent game, thought McIntyre was at fault for goal until I saw highlights on YouTube. It's a good header and I'm sure it takes a glance of Stanger. 

Dowds first penalty was poor and his technique always gives me the fear. Fortunately he changed tack and thundered it in on the retake which I'm guessing was due to the Partick keeper moving? Partick keeper made some excellent saves I felt. 

Attendance of around 3100 was slightly disappointing given we are top of the league and that Patrick will have brought down a lot. 

Our attendances are still way better than last season and I guess it will take a sustained time at/near the top of the league for the crowds to return.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Interesting point but you would certainly want them available for selection.

Definitely. Thought you would have fell away by now but you look very good. Still think Falkirk is the best team we’ve played even though we beat you.