The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That felt like a big win.

It wasn't pretty for spells, I felt we were a bit sloppy in possession on a number of occasions, but once we had the lead there was only one team winning that. 

We saw the game out very very well. Deserved the win over the course. Lovely lovely stuff.

Stanger was tremendous again I thought.

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder if we're getting a forward cause today was evidence of needing one.

Aye was saying that on the way out. We need a forward. 

f**k knows where we will get one though. 

Pre match interview with Brown on the radio had a question (14:53) from Chick Young about whether we would need to add to the squad in January. Answer "we're going to add to the squad hopefully soon.".

Edited by GaryMc93

36 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Pre match interview with Brown on the radio had a question (14:53) from Chick Young about whether we would need to add to the squad in January. Answer "we're going to add to the squad hopefully soon.".

Hey Brendon Any chance of sending Big Adam Ida down to the seaside for a few months 🤣

Turgid game that we controlled for the most part. Musonda and Walker up the left kind of hamstrung us and everything kind of broke down as a results most passes were to players who were static. We did play in spells, mostly through Rus. 

We never looked like loosing but also never looked like winning until the penalty was awarded. Henderson scoring with that chance and it would have looked quite a comfortable win. 

The core of the team played well, everyone else did ok. Russell juggled a couple in the first half but looked ok. Apart from some hospital passes, McCallister did well

Syla was better than Howley last week but was a bit ropey. Oakley needs to play as a 2.

Dempsey, Stanger and Rus were brilliant again, Henderson had his best game for a few weeks.

Big win with the injuries we have, just need to do it again next week. 

39 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Did you, or anyone else, hear Chick Young greeting because he asked Brown about his Champions League nights at Celtic and Brown basically told him to f**k off? Didn’t hear it myself but heard about it.

Think our problems lie up front now which is to be expected but I thought we’d cope without Dowds better than that. The usual suspects all pretty good. Musonda has earned his place in the team for me. Walker is not good enough unfortunately, even with a thin squad. Shoutout to Dylan Watret again for his defending of the 3v1 in the first 10 minutes even though the 3 shite Morton players probably collectively add up to 1 competent footballer.

32 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Loving this Nick McAllister redemption arc thought he was brilliant today, who knew he was always a CB and never a RB.

Agreed. Was very good. Except for his yellow. Think I shouted “aw nick, f**k sake, man” when that happened. He looked good all game. 

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Agreed. Was very good. Except for his yellow. Think I shouted “aw nick, f**k sake, man” when that happened. He looked good all game. 

His aggression in the air is what makes him able to play centre back and win things against guys much bigger than him, so I didn’t mind that tbh. 

I think there were just lots of really average performances today. For example, Stanger had a good game but was really poor in possession several times. Henderson had a really mixed game too, regularly doing something good and then something really poor. 

Most of the side didn’t do anything particularly badly,  but didn’t  do much positive either - Rus and Walker aside for the penalty. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

His aggression in the air is what makes him able to play centre back and win things against guys much bigger than him, so I didn’t mind that tbh. 

I think there were just lots of really average performances today. For example, Stanger had a good game but was really poor in possession several times. Henderson had a really mixed game too, regularly doing something good and then something really poor. 

Most of the side didn’t do anything particularly badly,  but didn’t  do much positive either - Rus and Walker aside for the penalty. 

Was just glad to see him not be shite, as I like him. I like his aggression and energy. He’s just by and large pish. But today was good. 

Agreed about the poor in possession bit. Players normally tidy were a bit ropey without being under any pressure.