The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Bavidge has shown absolutely nothing to prove that he is capable of even developing in to someone who could make fleeting appearances for a championship team, let alone lead the line for one. We have somehow downgraded on Bryden in the summer window. 

Absolute bizarre decision to start him today over Oakley.  

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

There's a real lack of big game mentality from the very top where this club think they could get on the premiership only to put in performances like this.

A wild over reaction. 

It’s one game, we’ve been pish - the end. 

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Against the best team, who we've been so much more organized than us.

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with a big game mentality at the very top of the club - an absolutely bizarre post!

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with a big game mentality at the very top of the club - an absolutely bizarre post!

Because we've seen it for about 5 years. #premiershipready

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Because we've seen it for about 5 years. #premiershipready

You’ve had a nightmare mate. Really weird post after one defeat. 

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Outclassed, outbeaten and outfought. We've got no chance of competing with Falkirk at the moment.

It’s October. Dry your knickers and go to bed. 

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

And we've still got about 9 players injured

Think this is a reality check here.

I don’t think anyone needed a reality check. 

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve had a nightmare mate. Really weird post after one defeat. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s October. Dry your knickers and go to bed. 

Completely unnecessary.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think anyone needed a reality check. 

There’s plenty that did.

Brown needs to get things back to basics. Having full backs at centre half, centre half in midfield, midfielders up front is just severely over complicating things and resulting in poor performances. If he continues with that we’ll start falling down the league. Yes we have a lot of injuries, but it’s not an excuse to keep playing players out of position when there’s fit players for they positions on the bench. 

Not sure what we can do in the short term.  Murphy and McMann back would help.  Devlin at centre back would allow us to put McMann at left back too.  But up front we’re really snookered until January.  Walker and Bavidge are hopelessly out their depth, and in truth Oakley and McKenzie were little better.  Losing the 2nd goal certainly killed the game at a point where we were showing a bit more urgency, but in the end it was a powderpuff performance from back to front.  

11 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Completely unnecessary

Absolutely necessary to call out reactionary nonsense whenever it is spouted. We lost a game of football. It’s not going to define our season.

12 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

There’s plenty that did.

I don’t buy that. I don’t think anyone is expecting us to have the league done and dusted at this point and most didn’t even have us winning today. 

I don’t think the experimenting will stop next week against Peterhead gonna have to be either McKenzie, Oakley or both up top as bavidge is cup tied, then no Watret likely means McAllister back to RB and Musonda at CB

Brown wants to be unpredictable and I don't think anyone would have predicted that line-up

Injuries play their part and we are missing a few key players, not having a settled, first choice keeper as well is an issue. 

But to play a right back at centre half, a centre half in midfield and a midfielder up front, while dropping Oakley to the bench just looks daft from the off and nothing to do with injuries. 

If Livingstone beat Falkirk midweek and we can beat Livingstone the week after, it will have undone this afternoons result. Hopefully we will be able to ease some players back in next week against Peterhead as well.

Hopefully it will be a line-up, performance and result we can just pretend didn't happen and move on.