The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We've looked very slow and static in the last few weeks, is it a case of teams have figured us out or is it a mental thing?

Brown got it wrong today, but will learn from it. We need the players to learn, some are just not up to it imo. I forgot that Bavidge was playing  until I heard his name as being  subbed. The keeper is young and inexperienced, was unfortunate to slip at the first. We badly miss McMann at the back and the creativity of Murphy going forward. Too many had a bad day, but we need to sort someone to work with Oakley, he can't be on his own, and if he gets injured,  where are we? Tactics and selection aside, we should at least still have a desire to have a go, we seemed to be waiting on them.

Expected us to lose today but on the basis that Falkirk would be too good for us instead of us deciding to play our worst game of the season. 

Was no urgency, tempo, leaders in the first half. Just jogging about the place, players were definitely spooked at Falkirk playing us at our own game with the high pressing as we'd nobody at the back with the composure to control the possession like their defence did.

We need McMann and Murphy back as we've lost virtually our whole spine to the team and it's showing...

Said it from the start I think Falkirk will do back to back promotions, got the best attacking players in the league by a long distance 

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Expected us to lose today but on the basis that Falkirk would be too good for us instead of us deciding to play our worst game of the season. 

Was no urgency, tempo, leaders in the first half. Just jogging about the place, players were definitely spooked at Falkirk playing us at our own game with the high pressing as we'd nobody at the back with the composure to control the possession like their defence did.

We need McMann and Murphy back as we've lost virtually our whole spine to the team and it's showing...

Said it from the start I think Falkirk will do back to back promotions, got the best attacking players in the league by a long distance 

I’m really not sure they have the best attacking players in the league by a long distance?

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

After Falkirk have played 7 (seven) games in the championship for the first time in a generation. 

Uni Corn GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Football fans never learn. Less than ten games played and that’s us ruled out and they’re the greatest side alive. 

This league will be won by who can avoid the most injuries. I think if everyone can field their strongest team then there’s barely anything in it. Livingston seem to be sailing right under the radar so their game on Tuesday and then the game at Somerset will be interesting but anyone thinking anything is decided in October is miles off it. 

Fair play to Brown for admitting he f**ked it and if he’s going to do it in any game versus Falkirk I’d rather it was this one when we’ve still to play them another three times. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This league will be won by who can avoid the most injuries. I think if everyone can field their strongest team then there’s barely anything in it.

I would agree that injuries will have a bearing but it should be noted that we’ve not played our best XI this season yet and had four starters missing today.

42 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Total misplaced confidence from Ayr fans this season. If we played to our best today we’d have beaten them by 4 or 5. Ridiculous to think they’re title contenders. 

Maybe hold off on the bunting just yet. Whether you like it or not there's still 30 odd games left to play and this game today wasn't a title decider. Despite the current delusion of what Falkirk fans think. 

4 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I would agree that injuries will have a bearing but it should be noted that we’ve not played our best XI this season yet and had four starters missing today.

It has been noted. On just about every post made by Falkirk fans this season. Just like every Ayr fan will mention that without Dowds, McMann and Murphy we’ll struggle. 

There’s no doubt that Falkirk can get better when the likes of Donaldson or Morrison come back but getting them back doesn’t automatically translate to winning more games. Once we get into the dog days of January and February and everyone has worked each other out it becomes more interesting. 

Ayr have been involved in a few title pushes in the last few years and in every single season, the first game played against the main rivals has had zero bearing on where the trophy ended up. And that isn’t a dig at Falkirk fans getting excited. You win a game like today then you can get as buzzing as you like. It’s a reminder to both sets of fans that nothing is decided today. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s no doubt that Falkirk can get better when the likes of Donaldson or Morrison come back but getting them back doesn’t automatically translate to winning more games. Once we get into the dog days of January and February and everyone has worked each other out it becomes more interesting. 

Yup . Falkirk’s weakness is they are underpowered. Good footballing side for sure but very like Raith , too light weight . Livingston , still unbeaten will power into the frame soon enough . I also think we won’t be trying to play Falkirk at their own game again .  Long long winter just round the corner …..

Very sensible @D'Jaffo and quite correct in what you say: titles are not won in October. Every team will struggle with injuries and the winter is a right old slog for most teams. Falkirk bodied us today and fair play to them, we will bounce back and will learn from it. Brown has quite rightly taken the blame for this one, he picks the team and sets the tone before they go on the park and obviously didn't do a good job of either. 

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

Is it just me, or are Falkirk fans absolute arrogant p***ks?

They didn’t lose for about a year. There will be a whole generation of Falkirk fans that have not seen them be shite or had sex.

i think that is bulk of the arrogance you see. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Listening to the terrace podcast, Celtic, Ayr and Dumbarton have the most amount of shots on goal of any clubs in Scotland. 

Ayr have only had 7 more shots than Falkirk despite playing two extra matches though.

However that does suggest we are more wasteful with our chances which was demonstrated again today 

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Is it just me, or are Falkirk fans absolute arrogant p***ks?

Arrogant? Yes is the short answer. To be fair, yes is also the long answer. They have spent 5 ish, haven’t been keeping count,  years in oblivion. They clearly have a big and loyal support.. Given their support in the lower leagues they could and should be top a championship/premiership team.

p***ks? Absof**kinglutley. They are painted in the shit.! And my view has nothing to do with the fact that they beat us today. 3 sided wee guy stadium wanks. “O look at us. We’ve got shitey metal horses.” 

5 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Arrogant? Yes is the short answer. To be fair, yes is also the long answer. They have spent 5 ish, haven’t been keeping count,  years in oblivion. They clearly have a big and loyal support.. Given their support in the lower leagues they could and should be top a championship/premiership team.

p***ks? Absof**kinglutley. They are painted in the shit.! And my view has nothing to do with the fact that they beat us today. 3 sided wee guy stadium wanks. “O look at us. We’ve got shitey metal horses.” 

A solid, wheat from the chaff, weeding out the reactionary bellends type post. 

12 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

😂

3 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Falkirk were pretty slik but I say now the same as I did when I watched their first cup game in summer, scoring first against them is a priority. If that's them playing their best against what ever the f**k we were doing today, then we can take points off them in the next 3 games against them. 

Jaffo, folk are flaking out, because we have no answers until January. It's not just one poor performance today, it's the last, what 4 games..... 

As someone said earlier, broon needs to go back to basics with what he has available. We seen this mental selection stuff when he first came in, he got away with it because it was someone else's team... it's on him now!

Dropping Oakley was criminal imo!!

We weren’t at our best today compared to other games this season.

Missing Morrison, Donaldson, Maciver and Lang at the moment so more to come.