The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That w****r Neilson has gone there once again and now said Shankland can be improved with better coaching, p***k.

I would think Dundee Utd has better coaching than us. I don’t think he’s necessarily saying he’s a better coach though.

I would think Dundee Utd has better coaching than us. I don’t think he’s necessarily saying he’s a better coach though.
Wouldn't surprise me with him, still don't ever usually hear any other managers coming out and saying their coaches are better.

Think Raith fans are feeling  quite optimistic for the season ahead, no idea why.  Dumbarton though,  prob best if they just delete the club.

Be interesting to hear what McCall says about Shankland, should his claim about two sleeping English clubs & one massive Scottish being after him  be filed in the same drawer as his Devlin future Scottish international & McGuffie best young talent claims.

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

He put in £220,000 and for that he owns the car park and rents it back to us free of charge , in my opinion his £220,000 investment is worth much more to him now that houses can potentially built on it , don’t think he done it forAyr United’s benefit , he bought it to line his pockets at a future date 

Yeah that was exactly my point.

ge certainly didn’t do it out the goodness of his heart.

Neilson is a terrible manager who struggled despite signing almost a whole new team in January and failed to get the best out of any of them. Shankland has the ability but it appears he needs a bit of nurturing that McCall seems to give the players to get his head right. 

Shankland could be a future Scotland player or the next Ryan Donnelly depending on how he is coached. 

Dundee United angered the football gods with the shithousery at the end of the season so I hope they get the Shankland that was hunted from Aberdeen, St Mirren, Morton and Dunfermline and have to pay him a fortune for three years. 

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Think Raith fans are feeling  quite optimistic for the season ahead, no idea why.  Dumbarton though,  prob best if they just delete the club.

Be interesting to hear what McCall says about Shankland, should his claim about two sleeping English clubs & one massive Scottish being after him  be filed in the same drawer as his Devlin future Scottish international & McGuffie best young talent claims.

Whilst he does make ridiculous claims I think misfortune changed this outcome. With the Swansea manager leaving quickly and the Sunderland takeover stalling I reckon Shankland’s plans were sunk 

Neilson is a terrible manager who struggled despite signing almost a whole new team in January and failed to get the best out of any of them. Shankland has the ability but it appears he needs a bit of nurturing that McCall seems to give the players to get his head right. 

Shankland could be a future Scotland player or the next Ryan Donnelly depending on how he is coached. 

Dundee United angered the football gods with the shithousery at the end of the season so I hope they get the Shankland that was hunted from Aberdeen, St Mirren, Morton and Dunfermline and have to pay him a fortune for three years. 

100% this, apart from the hope he does shit bit I hope he does well I gave no ill will for him

Wow I love the way some folk are trying to have a go at McCall for trying to build up players instead of tearing them down maybe if some of our fans should take his example and support the players instead of just having a go at at every miss placed pass, now Robbie is away who are the boo boys going to turn on now?

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:
1 hour ago, rb123! said:
Think I'm just going to delete pie and bovril off my phone now for the next few years.... Fml it has happened

If you ever feel down just have a wee read of the Dumbarton thread. They are cancelling friendlies as they don't have enough players. Really puts us needing a few signings to strengthen rather than build a squad into perspective.

Why are we comparing ourselves to Dumbarton? They are diddy no marks. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m just pleased the whole saga is over. We can all just look towards the coming season.

Don’t think any Ayr fan is looking forward to the coming season giving the state our squad is in. 

Turning on no one as they all deserve our support . Probably 3 of the poorest Ayr players i’ve seen in the last 10yrs and who were given ample opportunity to impress us have gone.

100% behind the remaining players although 1 or 2 need to step it up a bit . Lets give them our full backing meantime .

2 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Turning on no one as they all deserve our support . Probably 3 of the poorest Ayr players i’ve seen in the last 10yrs and who were given ample opportunity to impress us have gone.

100% behind the remaining players although 1 or 2 need to step it up a bit . Lets give them our full backing meantime .

I’ll ride the bus to the next stop. Who are the three players your talking about?

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t think any Ayr fan is looking forward to the coming season giving the state our squad is in. 

Seeing the teamsheet written down yesterday I'm inclined to agree to an extent, and I was fairly on the fence before. I expect that 11 to be pretty close to what we'll use in the Betfred and  it doesn't instill much confidence. Plenty of time left to bring new faces  though so not panicking  just yet.