The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Honest to Christ, the negativity on here is frightening !!

Would people rather we were bottom ?

Imagine what some of you would be like if you were Thistle fans, Dundee fans, Dunfermline fans etc. Big budgets, big pools yet little Ayr Utd well above you even though they've got a really low budget and lots of injuries to key players. I bet you would wish you had a team like Ayr, a Chairman like Ayr etc, etc.

Sometimes I think you should all take a step back and see this league for what it is. It's ultra competitive where anyone can beat anyone (as happens every week), Yes, we've lost three in a row, however we didn't play badly and we're SECOND (Yes, second) in the league.

Rejoice guys rejoice rather than put down our club all the time an look on every worst case scenario.

Redemption will come in Greenock on Tuesday night and then we can all rejoice together.

Sermon over....................

I think Kerr was a poor choice as manager, and I’m shocked that we’ve teamed him up with a business consultant rather than a experienced assistant, but I think whoever got the job was walking into a world of problems.  I admire your positive outlook, but you’d have to be deaf as a post not to hear the alarm bells ringing at the moment.  All the indications are that we’re going to limp towards the January window in the vague hope that the board comes up with a level of financial backing for Kerr that they weren’t willing to provide to McCall in the Summer.

We've got let off big style with those results today
This might not be true when you consider the league shuffled up tight today. We could plummet very quickly without a turnaround in fortunes - and that will have to happen with a lot of players out.

48 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I think Kerr was a poor choice as manager, and I’m shocked that we’ve teamed him up with a business consultant rather than a experienced assistant, but I think whoever got the job was walking into a world of problems.  I admire your positive outlook, but you’d have to be deaf as a post not to hear the alarm bells ringing at the moment.  All the indications are that we’re going to limp towards the January window in the vague hope that the board comes up with a level of financial backing for Kerr that they weren’t willing to provide to McCall in the Summer.

I see where you are coming from but only time will tell with Kerr.   I honestly dont think any of the other managers in the frame would have done any better last night or even in the next few weeks (which now without Geggan could be brutal).

Imagine Kerr had lost 3-1 at home to Arbroath today BTW.  How would that have gone down?

A business consultant?!

You act like we’ve just went out and got a local supermarket manager to join us.

Perspective, Dundee have the likes of Graham Dorrans, Jordan McGhee, Kane Hemmings etc, some very talented players.  I predict come January we’ll stoll be top 4. Let’s allow Kerr to get the injuries cleared up and get some of his own signings in before we start judging him.

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Perspective, Dundee have the likes of Graham Dorrans, Jordan McGhee, Kane Hemmings etc, some very talented players.  I predict come January we’ll stoll be top 4. Let’s allow Kerr to get the injuries cleared up and get some of his own signings in before we start judging him.

Every other team has figured out how to beat them though. Same with Dunfermline.

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Every other team has figured out how to beat them though. Same with Dunfermline.

Well that’s not quite true is it.  Are we just basing our season on the head to head v Dundee. We’re missing so many midfield options at the moment, we can only do so much. One thing I think could help in that department would be to drop McCowan back to centre mid (if we’re sticking with the 433).

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Well that’s not quite true is it.  Are we just basing our season on the head to head v Dundee. We’re missing so many midfield options at the moment, we can only do so much. One thing I think could help in that department would be to drop McCowan back to centre mid (if we’re sticking with the 433).

He’d need to work on his discipline big time for that to work - spends far too much time huffing whenever he loses the ball.

I wonder if we might see Moffat dropped back instead.

Did McCowan play there for the 19’s?!

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

A business consultant?!

You act like we’ve just went out and got a local supermarket manager to join us.

More of the 'yer da' chat today.

Back in your box, hes worked in football for nearly 20 years! Talk about disrespectful... Get behind the management team. We only win when united!

ETA - I quoted No Problemo but wasnt being critical of your post.

Edited by Trogdor

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

28 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He’d need to work on his discipline big time for that to work - spends far too much time huffing whenever he loses the ball.

I wonder if we might see Moffat dropped back instead.

We saw Kelly drop deep yesterday and with Docherty there as well we might see McCowan in the Kelly role.

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes he played all across the midfield and forward areas. Kerr might sacrifice Kelly to play deeper if we want to continue with the 3 in midfield. It’s just one option I could think of.

Also don’t know if anyone listened to “Off the ball”  or whatever it’s called but Kris Doolan was on it tonight and he came across really well. Basically said he didn’t chose to come to us for the money, but more as it was a family type club. Tam Cowan also asked him about a possible return to Partick and he said he hopes to go back someday

He said he’s been fit from day 1 of joining us and is desperate to play, but understands why management didn’t want to change a winning team, but admitted with 3 defeats in a row that maybe the team should be tweaked to include him. 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Also don’t know if anyone listened to “Off the ball”  or whatever it’s called but Kris Doolan was on it tonight and he came across really well. Basically said he didn’t chose to come to us for the money, but more as it was a family type club. Tam Cowan also asked him about a possible return to Partick and he said he hopes to go back somebody. 

He said he’s been fit from day 1 of joining us and is desperate to play, but understands why management didn’t want to change a winning team, but admitted with 3 defeats in a row that maybe the team should be tweaked to include him. 

no way do not want GIF

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m assuming he won’t completely retire, in case of emergencies etc. I know he obviously needs to concentrate on management but he would still be a very good sub option to bring on.

Not Mark Kerr...