The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Let’s not hit the panic button just yet. This league is wide open, the inconsistency is affecting every team.

The fact we have lost 3 on the bounce yet still sit in 2nd place and 3 points behind the big spending league leaders says it all.

Time will tell if Kerr was a wise appointment but right now we’re not in a bad place.

6 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Am I happy where the club is , no I am not but will always support them and not just go onto websites and moan every time something goes wrong like many who also seam to say nothing when doing well , must have the most number of negative fans going 

The "go onto websites and moan" criticism is nonsense. When you've been posting on this website fairly frequently recently - being largely positive, no doubt - it is churlish to expect the same viewpoint from others on here (who just happen to moan all the time).

2 minutes ago, wuffster said:

The "go onto websites and moan" criticism is nonsense. When you've been posting on this website fairly frequently recently - being largely positive, no doubt - it is churlish to expect the same viewpoint from others on here (who just happen to moan all the time).

It’s a forum , people have different opinions , I don’t expect anyone not to moan my point is there about 4/5 posters that only post negative points never ever a positive, , I have posted negative comments many times when it was merited 

I'd find it weird if quite a few weren't moaning after 3 defeats in a row, I'd also hope the players are breaking their necks on Tuesday to avoid it becoming 4 in a row.

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I have posted negative comments many times when it was merited 

Of course.

15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'd find it weird if quite a few weren't moaning after 3 defeats in a row, I'd also hope the players are breaking their necks on Tuesday to avoid it becoming 4 in a row.

Agreed. I hope so.

Once again not taking chances and gifting chances to the opposition can only mean one thing. Up to Dundee scored they looked very ordinary the goal gave them confidence and after that they really dug in, second goal was horrendous defending and not just the back four. Young Kelly really needs experience beside him particularly Kerr.

Was a bit disappointed we went route one most of the second half  and never really troubled them and young McCowan needs to be staying back after training on his right foot if he is gonna be a good player put the work in son you really have a wand of a left foot.

Think we have the right management team just need that bit of luck we had early doors hope it starts on Tuesday.

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

no way do not want GIF

Every team needs a goalscorer, we're creating clearcut chances that an out and out striker thrives on. 

He's here until January at least, with our forward players looking out on their feet in recent games, a viable solution could be staring us right in the face. We'd be foolish not to try and find a role that gets him more involved.

Coming on for the last 5 minutes in games is laughable. On the whole, I think he's been treated shockingly to be honest and by all accounts he's still popular within the club and the toys are firmly still in the pram, to his massive credit to be honest. 

It's upto us to get the best out of him, you don't score those number of goals in your career without having something to offer. If he'd had Moffat or Forrests chances on Friday night, I'd be more hopeful of them being finished off.

Every team needs a goalscorer, we're creating clearcut chances that an out and out striker thrives on. 
He's here until January at least, with our forward players looking out on their feet in recent games, a viable solution could be staring us right in the face. We'd be foolish not to try and find a role that gets him more involved.
Coming on for the last 5 minutes in games is laughable. On the whole, I think he's been treated shockingly to be honest and by all accounts he's still popular within the club and the toys are firmly still in the pram, to his massive credit to be honest. 
It's upto us to get the best out of him, you don't score those number of goals in your career without having something to offer. If he'd had Moffat or Forrests chances on Friday night, I'd be more hopeful of them being finished off.

In what way has he been treated shockingly?!

Moffat suits our style of play far better. When he has played he missed chances, is caught outside constantly and doesn’t do anything other than have an excellent first touch.

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Sorry this is utter drivel. How has he been treated shockingly?

He has scored against 9 man Thistle and Berwick Rangers.

He scored a whopping 6 goals in this league last season.

He looks about half a yard of the pace meaning that he cant actually get into the positions of Moffat or Forrest. 

Doolan is in no way the answer. We have an out and out striker in Craig Moore who can actually run!

I have been to every game this season and Saturday was the first time he has only be brought on for 5 minutes. He has pretty much been on for 15/20 mins and every time we have looked worse.

He only has himself to blame and he has been treated professionally by the club. Any suggestion otherwise is drivel.

Edited by Trogdor

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

In what way has he been treated shockingly?!

Moffat suits our style of play far better. When he has played he missed chances, is caught outside constantly and doesn’t do anything other than have an excellent first touch.

I think he deserves far more minutes in games than he's been getting, for the last few weeks we're looking jaded and in need of a plan b or c and there's been talk on here of him becoming a target for the boo boys when he has had an appearance (I don't know I wasn't there). Recent games now we've created clearcut chances and not taken them. All things considered I consider him to be treated shockingly.

At his stage if his career, he needs to be playing more often to keep himself match ready. Just because he came in and Shankland left, I suppose people are thinking he was a like for like replacement, he isn't.

He's more similar to Moffat for me, and even he's dropping out of recent games. You may disagree but I still believe he's worthy of a few starts. 

If we can get Moffat, Forrest and McCowan in and around him feeding off him then I think we'll offer teams a different threat. 4231 for me would be a way to go.

And if he's in the penalty box then I still think he'll convert the chances we're creating.

Also, I'm not sure if its because of injuries so we can't suggest changing any other part of the team? However, the front line does not need changing. The defense and midfield does we just don't have the players to play 433 because of injuries.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Also, I'm not sure if its because of injuries so we can't suggest changing any other part of the team? However, the front line does not changing. The defense and midfield does we just don't have the players to play 433 because of injuries.

Read that and don't know if you're agreeing with me or not?! Suspect not.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Read that and don't know if you're agreeing with me or not?! Suspect not.

I should have been clearer, I do agree with you partially. In that injuries have forced us to change our formation. Its either 442 or more aggressive 4231 you suggested.

However, in either scemario it is Moore ahead of Doolan for me.

ETA - If we get an injury at centre half maybe we can try Doolan there. I remember Roberts tried playing an aging striker at centre half.