The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The Doc saga is what it is, that's life post Bosman I'm afraid.

Ayr have done it to other clubs and other clubs have had it done to them (remember how United behaved with Conway and then went greeting and gurning to everyone about their players being whisked off to England or the Old Firm ?).

The thing is though it still annoys and hurts us as fans when we see our Captain or better players sign up for a rival, especially in mid contract. It also makes it worse because it's McCall, who's already scunnered us all by walking out and taking his assistant with him, the fact he's now coming back and unsettling our side is a difficult one to take, but again, that's football nowadays.

Do I blame Docherty from a real life grown up perspective ? No, not at all and he's been a great servant to our club and always conducted himself well.

Will I be quick to get on his back if he stays and screws up ? Yes, probably.

That's the thing though, Football is an emotional game where quite often rational people become screaming irrational wrecks (especially when we play Killie) and maybe that's why we all love it and support the clubs that we do.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll all get over the Doc situation soon enough and I'm also sure that he'll continue to play for the jersey and give his all should he remain until the Summer, however I just hope our players are not as distracted by this as we are and that it doesn't affect their performances on the pitch...........

3 minutes ago, RichardRoyWasUnderrated V2 said:

Ayr United lining up a loan move for ex Hamilton star Gramoz Kurtaj in a deal that’ll see Thanh Hóa Football Club pay 50% of his wage

^^^AgentScotland found.

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Doc saga is what it is, that's life post Bosman I'm afraid.

Ayr have done it to other clubs and other clubs have had it done to them (remember how United behaved with Conway and then went greeting and gurning to everyone about their players being whisked off to England or the Old Firm ?).

The thing is though it still annoys and hurts us as fans when we see our Captain or better players sign up for a rival, especially in mid contract. It also makes it worse because it's McCall, who's already scunnered us all by walking out and taking his assistant with him, the fact he's now coming back and unsettling our side is a difficult one to take, but again, that's football nowadays.

Do I blame Docherty from a real life grown up perspective ? No, not at all and he's been a great servant to our club and always conducted himself well.

Will I be quick to get on his back if he stays and screws up ? Yes, probably.

That's the thing though, Football is an emotional game where quite often rational people become screaming irrational wrecks (especially when we play Killie) and maybe that's why we all love it and support the clubs that we do.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll all get over the Doc situation soon enough and I'm also sure that he'll continue to play for the jersey and give his all should he remain until the Summer, however I just hope our players are not as distracted by this as we are and that it doesn't affect their performances on the pitch...........

When have we done this?  I remember us signing players under freedom of contract such as when we signed Boyle or Docherty from Airdrie, but I don’t recall us signing a player on a PCA then leaking it to the press 6 months before the contract  was due to expire in an obvious attempt to try and force the existing club to release the player early.

25 minutes ago, RichardRoyWasUnderrated V2 said:

Ayr United lining up a loan move for ex Hamilton star Gramoz Kurtaj in a deal that’ll see Thanh Hóa Football Club pay 50% of his wage

I get that you're obviously bored but could you not go and annoy people somewhere else ? We've had a tough enough week as it is without all this crap.........

This. I’d give it to Bell. 

Wouldn’t be against that but I still think Doc will keep it.

My worry is replacing the “captains” in the squad in the summer. I’d imagine Adams and Bell will leave and I wouldn’t be surprised if Geggan left as well.

28 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
30 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
This. I’d give it to Bell. 

A man of integrity and a sense of loyalty. Good call.

Ask the Stranraer supporters if that's their opinion of him. I'm not sure how him moving to us mid-season is any different to the situation we're now in with Docherty.

Ask the Stranraer supporters if that's their opinion of him. I'm not sure how him moving to us mid-season is any different to the situation we're now in with Docherty.

Stranraer were going bust and needed players off their wage bill?!

It’s a hugely different situation.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Stranraer were going bust and needed players off their wage bill?!

It’s a hugely different situation.

Fair point. I'm just struggling to see how Ross Docherty can be public enemy number one for daring to take more money and security when I suspect Bell, who's being lauded, moved to us for the same reason.

18 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Get real.   Stranraer needed him off their wage bill.  Their misfortune was our good luck, but the 2 situations aren’t remotely the same.

Fair point. I'm just struggling to see how Ross Docherty can be public enemy number one for daring to take more money and security when I suspect Bell, who's being lauded, moved to us for the same reason.

I don’t disagree tbh. I’m not one who’s slaughtering Docherty, more McCall..

I absolutely love the Doc as a player has good games and a few howlers too, but can he be club captain now, Absolutely no way for god sake. Good luck to him taking the queens shilling  few would not and why not.,We need to have a new club captain without doubt for god sake, think about it.