Minimum Alcohol Pricing

scottsdad

9 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I assume that the posters above also complained vociferously when Westminster introduced similar legislation for England back in 2022?

Implementation of some of the measures (like 3 for 2's or BOGOF's) has been delayed until 2025(?), but the ban on junk food at entrances and tills has been in force for a good while now..

Were the SNP & Greens at fault for this too?

https://www.specialityfoodmagazine.com/business/hfss-explained-what-the-regulations-mean-and-when-they-come-into-effect#:~:text=What is the HFSS regulation,with 50 employees or more.

Congratulations on a belter* of a simping post

Spoiler

*shiter that misses the point

Edited by Todd_is_God

Off all the nonsense he has voted for over the years yet Blackford seems to have gone rogue. Happy to stand by them wrecking a nations economy with zero workings but disowns them once they start targetting his lunch deall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

65p MUP voted through first phase

I note that the committee voted 8-2 in favour, with only the Tories voting against. 

This means that the two Labour members must have voted for an SNP measure!

Edited by lichtgilphead

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

I note that the committee voted 8-2 in favour, with only the Tories voting against. 

This means that the two Labour members must have voted for an SNP measure!

I noted in amongst it all that they ultimately really want an annual, index linked, increase to MUP built into law.

For a measure for which there is no evidence to support its effectiveness.

On 28/02/2024 at 16:49, Todd_is_God said:

On 29/02/2024 at 07:42, ICTChris said:

If a fizzy drink has high sugar content it’s already taxed higher than low sugar drinks, what’s the use in banning it from meal deals? If you are banning diet drinks from meal deals, well why? Diet Coke has zero calories, zero sugar. What’s the purpose of that?

Yep - occasionally pop into Tesco near my work for the odd meal deal, and the nearest food places are Subway, Greggs or Burger King around Central Station. edit: by comparison the odd sandwich, crisps and diet drink feels positively healthy. Would be nice to have places serving stuff thats a bit more wholesome but even at that the bulk of the cafes are either extortionate or still cater to folk that just want something fried and tasty. Can't blame them tbh.

Pretty sure the likes of Sprite and 7-Up are already advertised as being low calorie & per can they're not far off, say, an equivalent coffee with milk in it. Feels pointless, unless its more targetted at high caffeine content shite like Red Bull / Monster which still... well, doesn't feel like this is targetted enough if thats the end game. Quavers per bag are advertised as being fairly low in calories per bag and all.

The bulk of the crisps & chocolates you can get on in a typical meal deal are, I suspect, already low calorie thanks to shrinkflation anyway (unless you're actively hunting for the best value price-to-shite ratio)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

10 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Yep - occasionally pop into Tesco near my work for the odd meal deal, and the nearest food places are Subway, Greggs or Burger King around Central Station. edit: by comparison the odd sandwich, crisps and diet drink feels positively healthy. Would be nice to have places serving stuff thats a bit more wholesome but even at that the bulk of the cafes are either extortionate or still cater to folk that just want something fried and tasty. Can't blame them tbh.

Piece have a new place open on argyle street nr the station, no more expensive than subway 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Voted through.

Listened to the minister on the radio and she was awful.

"Does this policy actually work?"

" i met nursing students who were graduating last week, very excited to start work"

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Voted through.

Listened to the minister on the radio and she was awful.

"Does this policy actually work?"

" i met nursing students who were graduating last week, very excited to start work"

I also listened to the interview and I thought she did well in expressing that the policy is part of a strategy that is supported by a wide range of objective experts.

The only significant opposition is coming from the loud mouth and simplistic tories.