Dundee United 2018/2019

13 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/19/new-owner-of-scottish-football-team-is-from-stillwater/

Good article from the states, gives a few more details. Though “the Dundee United football club” is slightly questionable, I’ll let it slide.

Mark Ogren has been involved in several different sports teams in the Midwest: he was sole owner of the Mankato MoonDogs of the Northwoods League from 2012 to 2017; co-owner of the Sioux Falls Stampede hockey team of the United States Hockey League; and is owner of the Sioux Falls Canaries, an independent professional baseball team that plays in the American Association, the same league as the St. Paul Saints. This is his first international sports venture.

Laughing-Goose.gif.fb6a04e8d66a191ca67b78f34e0f7c8d.gif

29 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Jimmy Gomis training at St Andrews today. Played under Neilson at Hearts and much, much better than both Barton and Rubbitsch. Definitely worth a deal until the end of the season IMO.

According to popular opinion he fucking hates Dundee.

9 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Given the rest of the article I’m more inclined to blame the journalist rather than the chairman.

He’s possibly meaning the city as a whole as it did indeed have Irish immigrants and if it’s meaning the club Dundee I’d blame the journo 

30 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Will United fans follow the new Dundee City FC or could you be swayed to come support the Pars?

We have too many brain cells and too few fingers to support Dunfermline.

Those steak bridies though...

I'm sure Gomis could do a job at this level but if we are bringing in a defensive midfielder I would rather it was someone with a bit of presence and a bit of a nasty streak as we have been soft as shit in the middle of the park for years now. Having someone to do the dirty work in there would hopefully allow Fyvie or Stanton more space to try to have a bigger influence on the game.