Dundee United 2018/2019

Just now, skinny arab said:

Out of favour. Expect a loan move for the lad in the transfer window. 

I'm surprised to hear that, I thought he'd be very comfortable in an upper half Championship team. Him and Chris McLaughlin (our left-back last season) both getting long-term injuries within about a month of each other was a huge factor in our pathetic end to the season.

We don't really need a right-back (former United kid Cammy Ballantyne has been one of very few shining lights for us this season), but we do need a centre-back, a left-back and a winger...

Wardrop at left-back would work imo. I'm sure he played there a couple of times for Celtic's Youth team and he'd be approximately three million times better than Willie Dyer.

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is the new owner also the one person holding the debt?

I know that seems like it should be fairly obvious, it but it is a football club!

No. If I understand your question, the only debt is owed to long standing United fan Hugh Drummond Duncan over the stadium.

He has no need to call in the charge, and at a guess is sensibly holding on to his security until the veracity of the Ogrens is determined.

On 12/21/2018 at 15:50, Ralphies_Chip said:

Are you looking to make money from this deal?

Yes. This isn't a hobby for us, and we expect to make money long-term but, let me say, for that to happen we need to be competing in the Ladbrokes Premiership on a continual basis.

How much do you know about Dundee United and Scottish football?

I know a ton. We spent a tremendous amount of time and money doing our due diligence. Legally, on the business side and on the performance side. We know a lot about Dundee United, and we have researched Scottish football, and we know where we are and where we want to go. We have an excellent plan to get where we want to go.

These two answers cannot both be correct.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Our current options in this positions are Ross Perry, Willie Dyer and Bobby Barr.

You, sir, have yourself a deal.

I have a bridge I could sell you for a reasonable price.  I’m sure you’d find a use for it.

Our next three games are Alloa away, Patrick home, Dunfermline home.  If somehow we can get maximum points then it will set us up nicely for the following league Friday nighter at Ayr.

Dont see Fyvie getting risked on the Alloa pitch.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Our next three games are Alloa away, Patrick home, Dunfermline home.  If somehow we can get maximum points then it will set us up nicely for the following league Friday nighter at Ayr.

Dont see Fyvie getting risked on the Alloa pitch.

We should be looking to win these three games comfortably if we have aspirations of winning the league. 

My prediction is that we will draw with Alloa, beat Partick and draw with Dunfermline.

Id be hoping by the Montrose game that wed have at least 3 players in by then. A right back, a striker and another midfielder.

If the money is there, then a keeper, a left back and a winger. Ideally another centre half too.

Hopefully then we could have a team that could go on and win the league.

So it would look something like

New keeper

RB.  CH. Frans/Bou LB

Fyvie  MF

Aird.   Stanton.  Winger

Safranko. 

Looks good to me!

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

We should be looking to win these three games comfortably if we have aspirations of winning the league. 

My prediction is that we will draw with Alloa, beat Partick and draw with Dunfermline.

Id be hoping by the Montrose game that wed have at least 3 players in by then. A right back, a striker and another midfielder.

If the money is there, then a keeper, a left back and a winger. Ideally another centre half too.

Hopefully then we could have a team that could go on and win the league.

So it would look something like

New keeper

RB.  CH. Frans/Bou LB

Fyvie  MF

Aird.   Stanton.  Winger

Safranko. 

Looks good to me!

I think Booth has been very good at LB and don’t think on our budget we could bring in anyone better.

Not so sure we need another LB other than back up for Booth. I think he's about as good as we can get given the league and budget. 

A proper RB is the priority and better options at DM other than Rabbit and Barton. 

Another striker would be good if Clark can't get a run of games together. 

Having only Curran and Smith as back up to Safranko isn't the best. 

Won't be about for a few days so in the meantime I will wish everyone on here a very Merry Christmas! Have a good one!

5bf81508d8c63-e1542985217502-2.thumb.jpg.ef9f8ec11b40faf72ee77f4efdf1a52a.jpg

That's gotta be the worse Christmas greeting I've seen this year, and I've seen some howlers [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji107]

21 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Merry Christmas to all Utd fans on here apart from Danger. 

Merry Christmas to you and yours Albert, I hope you have a nice time.

Merry Christmas to all other P&B Arabs too.  Let’s hope we all have a peaceful and enjoyable time over this festive period.