Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Messi is on a different planet, tbf, absolute lol@folk who've been claiming Salah is even close to him in terms of ability.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Messi is on a different planet, tbf, absolute lol@folk who've been claiming Salah is even close to him in terms of ability.

I don’t know of anyone who has claimed that. 

Messi been involved in 34 goals, scoring 26, in 32 games against Englands "big six". 

Would struggle in English football though...

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Missed the game last night, can you provide a breakdown of what went wrong for Liverpool last night Nesbit? 

Missed it ... did you bring date night forward 24 hours mallow !? :D 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Missed it ... did you bring date night forward 24 hours mallow !? :D 

I see Gomez played instead of TAA and it was more of a midfield 4 than the usual 3, how did that affect the flow of the game?

44 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I see Gomez played instead of TAA and it was more of a midfield 4 than the usual 3, how did that affect the flow of the game?

Oh did you see that :). As I predicted as well mallow you’re too late to the party. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

9 hours ago, Dele said:

Steady on, old chap. I totally understand it was a hard watch for you tonight on your BT subscription but there's no need to try and get personal. You made your bed so just lay in it for a bit. 

Lying around in bed doing nothing would be nothing new for a Liverpool supporter.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Missed the game last night, can you provide a breakdown of what went wrong for Liverpool last night Nesbit? 

Unfortunately going by his own rules, since he watched it on TV he’s not allowed to comment on the game.

It was funny speaking with Barca fans last night before they game. All of the locals expected to win 2/3-0 quite comfortably. One guy I spoke to in a cafe was pretty aware of Liverpool’s style, he said there was no point in going down their right and that Barca would target the Liverpool’s right back and that Messi would shift into the middle to avoid Robertson for the most part.

I didn’t see the whole game but from the snippets I saw, the first goal came from just that and Messi was moving away from Robertson a lot.

24 minutes ago, Widge said:

It was funny speaking with Barca fans last night before they game. All of the locals expected to win 2/3-0 quite comfortably. One guy I spoke to in a cafe was pretty aware of Liverpool’s style, he said there was no point in going down their right and that Barca would target the Liverpool’s right back and that Messi would shift into the middle to avoid Robertson for the most part.

I didn’t see the whole game but from the snippets I saw, the first goal came from just that and Messi was moving away from Robertson a lot.

Aye, at half time of the stream I was watching the showed an "average position", and Messi/Suarez were pretty much on top of the right back.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I think it will mostly be this

:) 

Though he might move on to this now: 

:bairn

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Worst thing bout liverpool losing is the joy it brings to Man United fans...

Awww let them have their moment.

It's the only thing they're going to have. For a while :lol: