Spain v Russia

throbber

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf their biggest obstacles to the final look like being Croatia, its not a massive leap to suggest they'll make it all the way. 

How many Finalists are in this side of the tournament? Can't be many. 

Sweden (1958) & England (19xx)

A real chance of seeing at least one new finalist.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf their biggest obstacles to the final look like being Croatia, its not a massive leap to suggest they'll make it all the way. 

How many Finalists are in this side of the tournament? Can't be many. 

Two. England 1966, Sweden 1958.

I still don't think that England team has it to beat all three of Colombia, Switzerland and Croatia (based on all favs going through, which isn't a given, granted)

It doesn't change much in my mind. Based on the group stages, I still would have fancied Croatia from that quarter of the draw before a ball was kicked and I still do. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Two. England 1966, Sweden 1958.

I still don't think that England team has it to beat all three of Colombia, Switzerland and Croatia (based on all favs going through, which isn't a given, granted)

It doesn't change much in my mind. Based on the group stages, I still would have fancied Croatia from that quarter of the draw before a ball was kicked and I still do. 

I can see them beating Colombia, who've become hugely over rated based on one game and the fact they're next up for England. 

I can see England beating Switzerland or Sweden too, both functional sides but neither capable of comfortably dealing with Kane. 

Croatia would run riot against them, especially in midfield, I'm completely unconvinced their not due a stinker though, and it'll come at the worst possible time, no doubt. 

A sequence of Colombia, Sweden, Russia to reach a World Cup Final. I'm already preparing myself. 

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I wouldn't fancy that. Vlad owes them one for the recent Brexit cooperation.

More likely to see some mysterious illnesses in the England camp before the game. 

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Russia are boring as hell.  Effective maybe but boring.

To be fair it's better than being ineffective and boring as hell, like Spain.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Russia are boring as hell.  Effective maybe but boring.

They weren't particularly boring in the group stages.

The onus was on Spain today, they were the ones who stunk out the place.

8 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Messi and Spain out, poor Granny Danger.

Head over to the Dundee United thread, looks like it'll start bubbling away soon.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Head over to the Dundee United thread, looks like it'll start bubbling away soon.

That game was as bad as a lot of United games last season being honest.  Horrendous stuff to watch.

Archived