The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

Well, here's a couple of folk whose right-wing views thankfully haven't been normalised...

https://news.sky.com/story/neo-nazi-podcast-hosts-who-targeted-harry-and-meghans-son-archie-convicted-of-terror-offences-12916825

"(The pair) were unmasked as the hosts of a neo-Nazi online podcast which encouraged listeners to commit violence. The podcast also criticised mixed race relationships and branded Archie an "abomination that should be put down".

I cut the start of the quote.... don't want to use their names. The sad thing is that these two white supremacists will not be alone.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, here's a couple of folk whose right-wing views thankfully haven't been normalised...

https://news.sky.com/story/neo-nazi-podcast-hosts-who-targeted-harry-and-meghans-son-archie-convicted-of-terror-offences-12916825

"(The pair) were unmasked as the hosts of a neo-Nazi online podcast which encouraged listeners to commit violence. The podcast also criticised mixed race relationships and branded Archie an "abomination that should be put down".

I cut the start of the quote.... don't want to use their names. The sad thing is that these two white supremacists will not be alone.

It’s hard to imagine a couple of clean cut individuals like these doing such a thing…

IMG_1590.thumb.jpeg.3f741ded0910baed083715b820b4dbf2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Thought it was going to be this couple of wanna be Nazi’s…

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/nazi-homeschool-sparks-call-for-review-of-ohio-homeschooling/

1 hour ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

The meaning of your comment just dawned on me, and I'm normally quite good with anagrams.

Conversely I'm dreadful with them, it's just one of those things you see somewhere once and it sticks with you. I couldn't give you another example off the top of my head!

1 hour ago, southernrover said:

Conversely I'm dreadful with them, it's just one of those things you see somewhere once and it sticks with you. I couldn't give you another example off the top of my head!

Turnover horse?

33 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Well, I was expecting some coruscating comment on Tories, but the only anagram I can work out is Southern Rover.  I assume I won't be headhunted by Bletchley Park any time soon.

^^^ not willing to wear a costume!

IMG_1032.jpeg.6de49201e72c4a3967a2f32eaa83f7d2.jpeg

Ah, those good old Victorian values! Story appears to relate to England ...

From https://www.thenational.scot/news/23647155.cases-malnutrition-rocket-victorian-diseases-rise/

"CASES of malnutrition have quadrupled since 2007/08 as doctors have warned the cost-of-living crisis has sparked a rise in “Victorian” diseases.

Almost 11,000 people in England were hospitalised with malnutrition last year, according to provisional data obtained by The Times Health Commission under freedom of information laws.

From April 2022 to April 2023, 10,896 NHS patients — including 312 children — were hospitalised with the condition.

The figures also show 171 people were treated for scurvy and 482 patients were admitted with rickets – 405 of them children."

It's all going so well.  No wonder Labour seem to feel a bit reluctant to change Tory tax and spend policies... mustn't let things get better.

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

From https://www.thenational.scot/news/23647155.cases-malnutrition-rocket-victorian-diseases-rise/

"CASES of malnutrition have quadrupled since 2007/08 as doctors have warned the cost-of-living crisis has sparked a rise in “Victorian” diseases.

Almost 11,000 people in England were hospitalised with malnutrition last year, according to provisional data obtained by The Times Health Commission under freedom of information laws.

From April 2022 to April 2023, 10,896 NHS patients — including 312 children — were hospitalised with the condition.

The figures also show 171 people were treated for scurvy and 482 patients were admitted with rickets – 405 of them children."

It's all going so well.  No wonder Labour seem to feel a bit reluctant to change Tory tax and spend policies... mustn't let things get better.

Scurvy & rickets in 2023, what a wonderful country we live in! 

44 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Scurvy & rickets in 2023, what a wonderful country we live in! 

Are they still going? I saw them back in the '70s, the moshpits were lethal. 

Finns Party are junior partners in Finland's government coalition. At the end of last month the economy minister resigned. He'd positively referenced Hitler a number of times and said climate change should be encouraged to cull Africans.(https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66066910).

Now the finance minister is under pressure for her comments. They date back much further to 2008, which may allow her to keep her job. She wrote insults about Turks and Somalis in Finland and even did some racist tourism, writing insults about Senegalese street sellers she saw in Barcelona (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66166795).

Something this made me wonder is what folk were expecting when they either elected this party or went into coalition with them. There's now concern that the racist party are indeed racist. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

16 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Most people are thick as shit. They have no active engagement in politics and just blindly follow whatever is considered to be the popular trend at the time with no realization over what it is that they're actually voting for . The victims are the small minority that know exactly what is going on but are greatly outvoted by the idiotic masses.

9 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

For the people running the country, yes; yes it is.

Nobody in government is reading statistics like that and thinking they're a bad thing, other than that they're being reported for all to see.

Victorian diseases = more treatments = more tax money going towards the NHS (but really private companies within the NHS) = public health service baaaad = no more NHS.

It's a win/win all round for the tory blue/red party and their MPs with shares (and bribes from) private healthcare provision firms.

The rest of us all lose of course, but since when did the clueless voter ever matter?

Edited by StellarHibee