The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

This is possibly the best place for this.  I doubt there’s any serious attempt to address the issues highlighted here, in fact the army were at pains to point out they settled with the woman “without any admission of liability”.

Army racism apology to black ‘poster girl’ soldier

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c84jzex9vk8o

She says she had to serve alongside soldiers who claimed to support the far-right groups - the Ku Klux Klan, Britain First and English Defence League.

Mrs Knight also told the BBC:

• During one of her first postings, to Germany, she was told to avoid a certain corridor because soldiers were openly displaying swastikas, Confederate flags and other symbols associated with the far right

1 hour ago, Dan Steele said:

f**k me, free blade for all supporters heading to another peaceful protest.

Reminds me of a debate about Scottish football hooliganism that I saw on TV, probably in the 1970s. Someone said something like "it's not so much about going to away games to support your team, it's more like sack a city for £2.50 return".

If the police could stop groups of miners going from place to place during the strike in the 1980s, they should be able to stop these goons migrating round the country causing mayhem.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If the police could stop groups of miners going from place to place during the strike in the 1980s, they should be able to stop these goons migrating round the country causing mayhem.

I’ve been tempted to use this analogy.  Obvious miners fighting for their jobs and communities were more of a threat than right wing nut jobs just out to cause mayhem.

Riots of this nature periodically happen in English cities anyway. The looting will start soon. The TVs grabbed in 2011 will be out of date now. A lot of these c***s may still be pissed off at England losing the Euros final. I find heartening that race riots don't happen in Scotland. Better Together, all one United Kingdom, eh?

4 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

These people used to make me angry now they just make me curious. That c**t with the tattoos is fascinating. What the f**k happened to him to make him like that?! 

There are more of these wallopers than you think.

After Scotland lost in the group stages (as always) in 1998, we headed to the South of France and booked into a campsite. After several beers in a mates bar nearby we went back to the campsite and wandered into the "disco" for a laugh. 🫣

It was absolutely chocka with these tattooed, Chelsea Headhunter / Millwall / Doncaster radges (maybe in their 40s) who made it very clear they wanted to kick the living shite out of us.

It wasnt going to happen there and then as their wifes and kids were there too........but as there were about 10 of us and about 200 of them, we f**ked off as casually as we could, had a quiet night, left before sunrise and found other accommodation.

It always struck me afterwards that their kids had no chance - growing up with that as a dad means you think its normal and probably just carry on the family tradition of being a total wingnut.

6 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

These people used to make me angry now they just make me curious. That c**t with the tattoos is fascinating. What the f**k happened to him to make him like that?! 

Come on.  Give him a break.  Even on the hottest day at work he has to wear a jumper to hide them all or he will be sacked from his job as a Guidance Councillor.

So far today I’ve seen a citizens advice building in Sunderland  has been burned down, a William hill in Liverpool looted and a library in Liverpool set alight. Sounds like these guys really care about their communities.

35 minutes ago, throbber said:

So far today I’ve seen a citizens advice building in Sunderland  has been burned down, a William hill in Liverpool looted and a library in Liverpool set alight. Sounds like these guys really care about their communities.

Let's not forget a shoezone in hull also got looted in the "taking our country back " race riots 

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Let's not forget a shoezone in hull also got looted in the "taking our country back " race riots 

It is horrendous, I think calling them all far right is a stretch though they are just violent disorderly thieving minks that have very little in life that is worth having.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Looting betting shops probably is a net benefit for communities. 

Let's not forget the part played by people that support Farage and his ilk thar have "genuine concerns" aboit Britain being full and protecting "our culture". 

I don't think they are to blame for these c***s as such but have definitely emboldened and enabled them. 

They might use different means but they share the same ends. 

47 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Let's not forget the part played by people that support Farage and his ilk thar have "genuine concerns" aboit Britain being full and protecting "our culture". 

I don't think they are to blame for these c***s as such but have definitely emboldened and enabled them. 

They might use different means but they share the same ends. 

Fascists in suits are not that different from fascist thugs.