Queens v Ayr

Looking at the odds on Bet365 again I don't get their logic.  Dobbie favourite for First / Anytime scorer makes sense - but Craig Moore 2nd favourite certainly doesnt.  And Shankland is joint third favourite, same price as QoS player Declan Tremble, who according to Flashscores has only had 2 sub appearances this season and 0 goals.

Watch this come back to haunt me when Tremble bags the opener inside 5 mins haha

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at the odds on Bet365 again I don't get their logic.  Dobbie favourite for First / Anytime scorer makes sense - but Craig Moore 2nd favourite certainly doesnt.  And Shankland is joint third favourite, same price as QoS player Declan Tremble, who according to Flashscores has only had 2 sub appearances this season and 0 goals.
Watch this come back to haunt me when Tremble bags the opener inside 5 mins haha
Doubt tremble will even get on the pitch . . .

8 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Tremble has had two sub appearances for about 10 mins in his entire career, plus he started our Irn Bru Cup tie v Stenhousemuir and was subbed off about the hour mark.

Can't speak for Tremble but Moore/Shankland prices will include a % for Shankland being sold, I'd expect those to change after the window shuts.

26 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Can't speak for Tremble but Moore/Shankland prices will include a % for Shankland being sold, I'd expect those to change after the window shuts.

Why would they do that? If he doesn't play he'd be refunded on a non-runner basis. I get that the possibility may slightly affect Moore's odds as there's a better chance of him actually playing but I can't see why Shankland's odds would be affected a single iota .

Bet365 are usually good value in the GS field because they can be hopeless. I think they just find out a player's position and put up odds accordingly.

Last season there were players listed to score for us that had left the club.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Bet365 are usually good value in the GS field because they can be hopeless. I think they just find out a player's position and put up odds accordingly.

Last season there were players listed to score for us that had left the club.

Yes, the Scottish lower league markets don't take a sufficient amount of cash to merit any sort of research on their part.

This was patently obvious with their "league winners" market where they just used the previous years league standings including promotion from League 1 and relegation from the Premier to determine the prices.

We need to understand that in Scotland we are looked upon as below the English conference (vanarama premier) with regards to importance and the coverage / interest in us, reflects this.

Yes, the Scottish lower league markets don't take a sufficient amount of cash to merit any sort of research on their part.
This was patently obvious with their "league winners" market where they just used the previous years league standings including promotion from League 1 and relegation from the Premier to determine the prices.
We need to understand that in Scotland we are looked upon as below the English conference (vanarama premier) with regards to importance and the coverage / interest in us, reflects this.
It suits me down to the ground. When Dobbie returned he was 33/1 to be too goalscorer. For first goalscorer he's been long at times as well.

It's not an exaggeration that that man has won me over £1000 since his return :D

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Why would they do that? If he doesn't play he'd be refunded on a non-runner basis. I get that the possibility may slightly affect Moore's odds as there's a better chance of him actually playing but I can't see why Shankland's odds would be affected a single iota .

I don't know for sure but I do think that's the reason, maybe hoping a few £50 bets either way tells them if Shanks might be leaving, I'd assume the volume bet before the end of the window is very small compared to matchday, I just can't see anyone being so incompetent in this instance, I'm hearing Shankland everywhere, surely they'd be the same.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I don't know for sure but I do think that's the reason, maybe hoping a few £50 bets either way tells them if Shanks might be leaving, I'd assume the volume bet before the end of the window is very small compared to matchday, I just can't see anyone being so incompetent in this instance, I'm hearing Shankland everywhere, surely they'd be the same.

No, it's peanuts in real terms.

Guest TOPFITTER

Just hope McCall doesn’t set someone up to “Man Mark” Dobbie !!![emoji856] or all the good work could be undone [emoji17]
2:2 draw for me [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

I think they must base it as a start on squad numbers. Moore and Andy Ryan were the favourites for Ayr and Dunfermline last week - Moore never starts and Ryan rarely does for the Pars (although did in this case), but both wear number 9.   My group of pals must be at least £5k up on Shankland related bets this season on B365 already yet it's same every week.   2 or more goals v Dundee was 18/1 with them but only 7/1 or something with Skybet as an example.  

55 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Very little research is done by most bookies these days on any markets and most prices come via betfair or are computer generated. With examples like Shankland scoring every week it’s best to skip between the bookies each week and don’t always take too price. These markets stick out and if a trend is spotted or you win too much then your account is closed pronto.  

At the moment,  Ayr have  got what we have experienced in recent years - a real buzz and feel-good factor around their Club.  They should enjoy it as long as it lasts, just as we did.

I'm not getting into any " who is the bigger Club nonsense"  but I think there  are a lot of parallels between the Clubs as we have both had long periods in the doldrums interspersed with periodic ,  relative success.

Somerset is, and always will be, my favourite away ground - probably to do with THAT  Cup-tie n 1976  when we took 2,500 and witnessed heroics from the late, great Allan Ball.

It is a traditional, old fashioned ground like Palmerston and generates a great atmosphere.

Should be a very  entertaining game on Saturday. 

Absolute classic to be talked about for years to come. QOS 6-6 Ayr, Dobbie and Shankland with all the goals

Or...

Narrow 1 nil win for ayr, with Jamie Adams putting in a hero display at centre back to control dobbie

I can't call which scenario it will be tbh

We have had a good few false starts under GN - following up on great away results has proved to be a real challenge. Our home record continues to be pretty awful so we have a lot to prove.

Like everybody else who witnessed our performance at Falkirk I came away thinking that when we play like that we are as good, if not better than any team in this league. The problem has been replicating it at home and winning these bigger games when supporter expectation has risen.

There is definitely a glass ceiling above GN and his squad - delivering a good performance and winning this game would go a long way to persuading some of us that we are potentially a different proposition to what we have been in past 2 seasons.

It will be tough but we really have to start winning these close matches especially at home.

Archived