Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

911 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2023 at 00:34, Spring Onion said:

Don't catch every show, but recently caught a few and Cosgrove came across as very xenophobic and sanctimonious. I always thought he was switched on and pretty righteous, but it doesn't seem to extend to everyone. 

He’s certainly not scared to put the boot into the BBC, that’s for sure. Moreso lately.

Also, isn’t Cowan missing in action a lot more lately? I know he has his camper van but given his job is weekend based, odd that pisses off so regularly. That and trousering £2k per after dinner event, maybe it’s time for him to hing up the OTB microphone for good.

Bradshaw is excellent 

Edited by Afc69

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

That was just odd. I'm fairly sure the last thing Gail Porter expected to get asked about was Sinead O'Connor. 

She was fine with Ali G asking her if “she ever had a midget munching her kebab” but Cosgrove’s fishy fingers joke was a step too far for her and they never really got her back on side after that.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

She was fine with Ali G asking her if “she ever had a midget munching her kebab” but Cosgrove’s fishy fingers joke was a step too far for her and they never really got her back on side after that.

I cringed at that, it wasn't like him to come out with a joke like that. It wasn't offensive just a bit shit and awkward.

2 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

That was just odd. I'm fairly sure the last thing Gail Porter expected to get asked about was Sinead O'Connor. 

What did they ask?

"Gail, you're a baldy burd that went off her nut, what can you tell us about Sinead O'Connor"?

4 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

That was basically the question. 

Oh dear! Followed up by....

Gail, you wouldn't have given us the steam off your pish when you were good looking, what brings you here today?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I cringed at that, it wasn't like him to come out with a joke like that. It wasn't offensive just a bit shit and awkward.

A bit shit? Are you sure that doesn't sound exactly like Cowan's usual patter? Well, aside from not mentioning some crooner he went to watch at the Hydro

54 minutes ago, forkboy said:

A bit shit? Are you sure that doesn't sound exactly like Cowan's usual patter? Well, aside from not mentioning some crooner he went to watch at the Hydro

Let's not forget reminding absolutely everyone of a certain footballing event dating back to 18/5/1991, roughly twice an episode.

I actually thought it worked quite well as a live show and I thought the guests were all good. I particularly enjoy Gail Porter (I had no idea she was so funny?) and the "magician" [for want a better word] guy. The Sinead O'Connor question was a bit, well... 😬😬

Also needless to say the crowd was obviously mainly luvvie Hibs fans 😂😂😂

14 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Let's not forget reminding absolutely everyone of a certain footballing event dating back to 18/5/1991, roughly twice an episode.

You had your chance when it went to penalties.

Just waiting for an Aberdeen, Falkirk and United fan to chip in.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

You had your chance when it went to penalties.

Just waiting for an Aberdeen, Falkirk and United fan to chip in.

I didn't even know we had played you lot in that cup, just knew Cowan doesn't shut up about it.