Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

909 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 06/04/2024 at 13:35, FREDDYFRY said:

Today’s off the ball is utter garbage, inane nonsense and no football chat in sight. Has to be worse I’ve head, turned off now.
Rubbish!

I did turn off.....listened for a few minutes then switched off as it was quite clear that Off The Ball wasnt on......at least ten mins I listened for and no mention of fitba at all.  It is only coming here to this thread on a Tuesday morning that I find ou that it was Off The Ball afterall.

3 hours ago, Afc69 said:

And Ray : “wwwwwwoooooowwwwww”

He's usually been quite good as a co-presenter.

I'd guess his obvious 'flirting' threw him off his game. (In mitigation, I suppose most of us have ' been there.')

1 hour ago, Dave Barton said:

He's usually been quite good as a co-presenter.

I'd guess his obvious 'flirting' threw him off his game. (In mitigation, I suppose most of us have ' been 

Yip, as I said to my cost a few pages ago she is pretty hot to be honest. Could throw even the best off their game 😀

Just now, andyg83 said:

Yip, as I said to my cost a few pages ago she is pretty hot to be honest. Could throw even the best off their game 😀

Thinking about it. Good job Tam wasn't presenting actually. 😊

I missed OTB on Saturday as I was in Paris for the weekend. Around about the time half of you were objectifying Ali de Foy, I saw this in the French painting section of the Louvre - somebody should really have a word. 

It's just through the door from the Northern European painters section if anyone's interested. Strange way to carry on with one of your sisters. 

image.png

29 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I missed OTB on Saturday as I was in Paris for the weekend. Around about the time half of you were objectifying Ali de Foy, I saw this in the French painting section of the Louvre - somebody should really have a word. 

It's just through the door from the Northern European painters section if anyone's interested. Strange way to carry on with one of your sisters. 

image.png

I don’t know. There are some videos out there, where that sort of behaviour with your sister seems to be welcomed. (So a friend tells me👀)

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

image.png

A familiar painting for Monty Python fans.

20 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Holy smokes, that’s a great start, Stuart howking his guts up

Thought we were going to get the first live death on Radio Scotland :lol:

Heard snippets earlier as was still on bbc Scotland from watching AVFTT last night. Tam rambling on about, snooker, billiards and pool halls. Something about a bar setting up x amount of pool tables for a Motherwell tournament. If it’s not his trip to Vegas, his dodgy music selection it’s snooker 

13 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Why do they have guests? Heard the second half of the show and heard about 45 seconds from both, and I have no idea who they were.

It’s a good point. No idea why. They often don’t add much at all to the show.

They should either get better guests -preferably ones who actually like football and want to talk about it - or stop getting guests on so often.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s a good point. No idea why. They often don’t add much at all to the show.

They should either get better guests -preferably ones who actually like football and want to talk about it - or stop getting guests on so often.

Aye. It's been discussed on here before, and some folk like guests who aren't keen on football. I don't get that at all though.

Whenever I hear it, a guest who doesn't like football is a drag on the show as they naturally can't contribute as much or in as interesting a way as someone who is an actual fan. it slows the show massively when they don't get a joke or need to have something fairly basic explained to them. Or, worse, make some utterly inane comment about fitba, as people who aren't interested in it often do.

It's a football (ish) show, and I think the guests should have at least an interest in it.