Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

Defence has been poor, midfield not offering much protection. Got lucky with the effort off the post, and that their other decent efforts were pretty much straight at the keeper.

Israel are pish and the penalty was horrendous defending. We’ve given them far more respect than they deserve and really should be pushing this a bit more. Shown plenty to suggest we are far better than them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The guy is supposed to be anchoring our midfield and you could drive a bus through the middle of it at times.

He's effectively doing it himself, McGregor and in Particular McGinn are offering no protection through the middle, while we have no cover out wide, our shape isn't working at all. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have Israel even had a shot on target? .

McGregor has made two smart saves and they've also hit the post. 

I agree. Scotland had spells when they were on top - sometimes holding the ball for over 20 passes. Israel probably ended the half better and that's why some are getting a wee bit anxious. 
I think we're too deep at times and we're not protecting the full backs enough - especially down our left.

Agree with the earlier point about Naismith - he needs to stop dropping back in to midfield.

Certain goals? They showed the "chances" there and the best was a weak header straight at him, and a long range shot straight at him, absolutely zero chance any competent keeper gets beaten by them.
Can't wait for them to trundle a couple to the keeper second half and you to be seething they've had "five times as many chances" as Scotland.

You never asked how good the chances were, you asked if they’d had a shot on target. You say competent keeper as if we’ve got loads to pick from. I’ve seen plenty “competent keepers” let both of those go in.

I’m not seething. I’m able to recognise we’re not very good and so far Israel have been much sharper and moved the ball about better than us.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I see two pish teams who couldn't hit a barn door.

I'm tired enough that I managed to pretend that this is the Euro 2020 final for a while.

Highly amusing, especially as we're winning.

This is the kind of game I miss Scott Brown in, or even Barry Ferguson - or even James Morrison.  Someone who'll get a grip of the midfield.  I feel like Scotland's three in central midfield lack a bit of character at this point in their international careers, and the team looks a bit listless as a result.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Feels like it sometimes, I'm seeing an even game where both sides have had spells dominating, everyone is seeing Israel dominating us and us fluking a goal.

I see two pish teams who couldn't hit a barn door.

Israel would just blow up the barn, tbf...

Players are looking pretty clueless. The manager calling a few of them over on several occasions shows something is not quite right.

Think a draw would be fair so far, it's nice to be winning this sort of game for a change. They look like they will score though.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Not sure how we are winning this. Martin Boyle would be cigar'ing this but big Eck says he's miles of team. Oh well

We scored one more goal than the home side?

You never asked how good the chances were, you asked if they’d had a shot on target. You say competent keeper as if we’ve got loads to pick from. I’ve seen plenty “competent keepers” let both of those go in.

I’m not seething. I’m able to recognise we’re not very good and so far Israel have been much sharper and moved the ball about better than us.

We're over passing the ball at times - there are times we could have played a ball down the channel but chose instead to pass it back door for another 10 meaningless passes in a row.

Archived