Pyramid 2019/2020

5 hours ago, Dev said:

So was TJ the person responsible for it in the first place?

Basically. April last year TJ went running to the SFA after the original 13 clubs were accepted by the EoS.

What happened was the supposedly 'kosher' confirmation that the juniors were in at Tier 6 and there was a moratorium on applications that was only meant to last through the summer of 2018 to sort of the SJFA integration into the pyramid.

The person that gets the blame as the public face of the moratorium was interim SFA chief exec Andrew McKinley.

EDIT:

19th April 2018 the SFA held a board meeting with the introduction of the juniors into the pyramid a topic of discussion. This was a Thursday, so heading into the weekend during the games it became a massive topic of discussion as TJ sent round his version of events upon hearing what had happened. This is the kosher email which was posted on PnB on the 22nd April.

image.thumb.png.ef446390dc8939928e08ca10e1df6aa6.png

With only one version of events out there, the SFA responded on the 23rd April to clarify the situation.

image.thumb.png.b0c49768a6a556ead1acb42cfaf8ed2c.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Whilst on the subject of the pyramid, has anyone heard if Banks O'Dee, or any of the other seven** North Juniors who have floodlights, have applied to fill the Cove Rangers vacancy in the Highland League ?  Also, when is the HFL AGM being held ?

And before anyone reminds me that the SFA wants to reduce the  HFL to become a 16 team league,  It has pointed out on here several times, that the HFL is not a "closed shop" and is therefore open to applications.  

**FOOTNOTE

Aberdeen University,  Burghead Thistle,  Deveronside,  Fraserburgh United , Hermes, Longside,  Montrose Roselea.

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Whilst on the subject of the pyramid, has anyone heard if Banks O'Dee, or any of the other seven** North Juniors who have floodlights, have applied to fill the Cove Rangers vacancy in the Highland League ?  

Yes.

It was all over P&B and the news earlier in the week. Google it.

9 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Whilst on the subject of the pyramid, has anyone heard if Banks O'Dee, or any of the other seven** North Juniors who have floodlights, have applied to fill the Cove Rangers vacancy in the Highland League ?  Also, when is the HFL AGM being held ?

And before anyone reminds me that the SFA wants to reduce the  HFL to become a 16 team league,  It has pointed out on here several times, that the HFL is not a "closed shop" and is therefore open to applications.  

**FOOTNOTE

Aberdeen University,  Burghead Thistle,  Deveronside,  Fraserburgh United , Hermes, Longside,  Montrose Roselea.

They've had their agm. 17 team league next year.

**FOOTNOTE

Check the Highland League forum, there's pages of it.

So looks like the SoS remains a 16 team league next year but with an Edusport reserve side replacing Annan reserves.

It'll also mean another "West of Scotland" club in the league as Edusport reserves will also be playing out of the new Alliance Park rather than continuing to groundshare down at Annan.

25 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So looks like the SoS remains a 16 team league next year but with an Edusport reserve side replacing Annan reserves.

It'll also mean another "West of Scotland" club in the league as Edusport reserves will also be playing out of the new Alliance Park rather than continuing to groundshare down at Annan.

So... should the SoS league rebrand? Get rid of the reserve teams after next season and invite any west of Scotland team (junior or amateur) to join if they want, I’m thinking Clydebank for starters and take it from there. Would it cause the avalanche we saw in the east last year?

So... should the SoS league rebrand? Get rid of the reserve teams after next season and invite any west of Scotland team (junior or amateur) to join if they want, I’m thinking Clydebank for starters and take it from there. Would it cause the avalanche we saw in the east last year?
Unlikely as enough trips outside D&G clubs would be getting worried about travel costs. It's important to remember the size of many SOS clubs in terms of both finances & fanbase (ie matchday income). I believe the majority don't pay players (if someone knows more about this feel free to add details).

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I don't see them removing reserves or even inviting clubs. There's a mechanism to apply every year and its on the clubs themselves to put the effort in.

I just found it interesting as the SoS are seen as quite isolationist. Yet whenever an East Kilbride, original Edusport, Bonnyton and now Edusport reserves have applied they've been accepted.

The only trouble I've heard with getting in was actually related to Gretna 2008.

21 hours ago, Robert James said:

**FOOTNOTE

17. The fixtures have been out for 3 days.

On 31/05/2019 at 11:59, Robert James said:

**FOOTNOTE

Perhaps before asking all these long-winded questions you could read the threads in the appropriate fora where these questions have been answered. If you have an interest, consider joining the Fitba North forum, where there is significantly more discussion on non-SPFL North football in all its guises than here on P&B.

2 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Perhaps before asking all these long-winded questions you could read the threads in the appropriate fora where these questions have been answered. If you have an interest, consider joining the Fitba North forum, where there is significantly more discussion on non-SPFL North football in all its guises than here on P&B.

I've twice tried to join Fitba North and never been given access. Is it a local forum, for local people?

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

I've twice tried to join Fitba North and never been given access. Is it a local forum, for local people?

Is this the problem?

Please note that registrations from free email providers (e.g. hotmail, yahoo etc.) that give no indication of an individuals real identity are unlikely to be approved and activated. 

Ask @Jimmy Shaker

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

He knows fine well what the situation is. All he ever does is continually bump threads with never ending inane questions and updates that everybody already knows about

Robert has lots - and lots - of good points to make and insightful comments to pass but, boy, does he not half grind everyone’s gears by asking question, upon question, upon question that has already been answered elsewhere - on top of putting forth opinion as if it was fact. Aaaarrrggh!!!!!

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's surprising. Try contacting the site owner.

On 02/06/2019 at 00:01, GordonS said:

I've messaged you about this. Gonnae check your messages and get back to me, cov.