Calling Cards of Morons

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think he even got that. 

Tbf, I have a degree of sympathy. Some folk are so clueless about the shark infested waters of the internet. 

But enough about P&B.

On 22/11/2020 at 22:49, effeffsee_the2nd said:

People who self congratulate themselves with the fucking quote “great minds think alike”. The proverb is “ great minds think alike but fools seldom diiffer” it’s entire meaning is lost with these c***s ! Ie don’t assume you’re correct just because someone agrees with you

Saw an example of this on FB yesterday where somebody was asking where a photo was taken and there were lots of people singing their own praises about an answer one gave. "Yes!! That's what I thought!",  "Totally,  check us, great minds 😆" etc etc as they all gave each other likes. 

Naturally, I then wade in the correct answer and get all manner of shite until I post up the Streetview of the place in typical Hedgecutter fashion.  Funnily enough, all goes quiet (as a few comments suddenly disappear). And after that? Well, the game was mine. 

Edited by Hedgecutter
Italics are important

Saw an example of this on FB yesterday where somebody was asking where a photo was taken and there were lots of people singing their own praises about an answer one gave. "Yes!! That's what I thought!",  "Totally,  check us, great minds [emoji38]" etc etc as they all gave each other likes. 
Naturally, I then wade in the correct answer and get all manner of shite until I post up the Streetview of the place in typical Hedgecutter fashion.  Funnily enough, all goes quiet (as a few comments suddenly disappear). And after that? Well, the game was mine. 
Did you even provide the bus number and route to get to said place to further prove your point?

The c***s who seethe when a manager loses his job and it turns out the club have to pay out the remainder of his legally binding contract.
“ if ah wisny daein ma joab ad get sacked wi nae money”
No darren you wouldn’t, hardly anyone does, besides a managers job is to manage/ coach the team. The fact that the results are poorer than expected doesnt mean he isn’t doing so. If a club wanted to add performance related termination clauses in the contract then they most likely wouldn’t get anyone decent to sign

Just seen on this morning, folk phoning up to get advice from an astrologer. This guy is actually on tv giving out life advice including telling one lassie who wants to set up her own business not to do it until 2022.

What the actual f**k!? Everyone involved, morons.

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

with the greatest of respect to the prospective entrepreneur, if she is consulting an astrologer in the first place I don't think it is going to be the thing to kill the business plan.

Wholeheartedly agree. Every single person involved is a moron. 

There is then the question of whether or not ITV should be enabling such fraud and stupidity

Believing you share character traits with people born at the same time of year as you is moronic. 
No less moronic is believing you share character traits with people born on the same side of an imaginary, arbitrary line on an island as you. 
Consider this advert below. 

If Susan Calman had started with “We Capricorns...” rather than “We Scots...” would it be less believable?
If it had been Rhod Gilbert in the advert and he had started with “We Welsh...” , do you think Welsh people watching would have thought “What he’s describing sounds more like the Scots than us”? 
So what makes patriotism more acceptable than belief in star signs?

1 minute ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Believing you share character traits with people born at the same time of year as you is moronic. 
No less moronic is believing you share character traits with people born on the same side of an imaginary, arbitrary line on an island as you. 

If Susan Calman had started with “We Capricorns...” rather than “We Scots...” would it be less believable?
If it had been Rhod Gilbert in the advert and he had started with “We Welsh...” , do you think Welsh people watching would have thought “What he’s describing sounds more like the Scots than us”? 

Not that I'm a huge believer in patriotism but I think suggesting that Scots have some common cultural traits is 100x more valid than an entirely fictional enterprise in star signs.

There’s a public sphere that Scots by and large participate in and are exposed to semi-exclusively on account of geography that Capricorns do not. Ofc making cast iron judgments about specific nationalities is bad but I think you can point to specific cultural signifiers that a nation might exhibit more than others.

Off topic but does anyone want to see my calliper collection?

Playing devil’s advocate here, but would it not also be valid to suggest the early life experience of someone born in springtime would be very different to those born in autumn? The  proportion of your early months spent indoors/outdoors could affect your personality in later life and would be aligned with those born at the same time of year as you. 
Were Berwick upon Tweed still a part of Scotland, would children born there grow up to have different personalities and values than they currently do?

Edited by Funky Nosejob