The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

I actually thought Button was a reasonably good at shoehorning some decent knowledge inbetween Croftys nonsense. 

The only problem is he's the biggest cleanshirt going and dull as dishwater. 

When the time comes for Brundle to call it a day it'll be a huge loss. 

2 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Well, this is bound to get some into a complete and utter mess on Twitter again......

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/massa-to-look-into-legal-options-over-2008-f1-title-outcome-/10453168/

Expect all sorts of "should be won on the track, not in the courtroom" tweets from folk who were desperate to have the courts overturn the 2021 result

There will no doubt be lawyers willing to take Massa’s money in a bid to fight the case but not a chance in hell is he winning it - not least because his case will be based on the deluded ramblings of a 92-year-old and the only people who can back up his claims are either dead or have just been forced to pay compensation for making racist comments about the guy you’re trying to take the title from.

5 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Well, this is bound to get some into a complete and utter mess on Twitter again......

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/massa-to-look-into-legal-options-over-2008-f1-title-outcome-/10453168/

Yes, apparently they "just have to deal with it" so Massa should too. Idiots also claiming 1994 should be given to Hill as well as 2021 to Hamilton to give him 7 titles to Schumacers 6!!

18 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Saw someone on Twitter recently describe Lewis Hamilton as the only “blockbuster superstar” that F1 has ever had. 

If you listen very carefully you'll hear Ayrton Senna spinning in his grave

I used to know nothing about F1 and naturally thought it was boring and just for car wankers but since watching the Netflix show I'm one season in and have fell in love with the sport. The politics and personalities are top tier. I recently bought the video game though and I must say I wholeheartedly hate Monaco. 

Has anyone on here been to any of the events? What's it like as a spectator day out and how expensive is it? 

• 3 weeks later...

So this weekend

Friday

Fp1 normal

Fp2 is now qualy for the actual grand prix on Sunday

Sat

Fp3 is now qualy for the sprint race

Sprint race in the afternoon, finishing order no longer sets the grid for the grand prix

Sun

Grand prix 

14 hours ago, doulikefish said:

So this weekend

Friday

Fp1 normal

Fp2 is now qualy for the actual grand prix on Sunday

Sat

Fp3 is now qualy for the sprint race

Sprint race in the afternoon, finishing order no longer sets the grid for the grand prix

Sun

Grand prix 

Jesus wept. 

Sprint races are just ruining the weekends. They're not needed or wanted. I watched the previous ones as they were, basically, the first quarter of the race. Cutting them off from the main race is a good move as they sucked the life out of the Sunday race. But this begs the question - what's the point? 3 points? Whilst at Baku there is the real chance of having a big smash. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Red Bulls retired from the sprint for "mechanical issues" very early, then showed up for the Sunday race ready to wipe everyone else out. 

Looking forward to seeing how the new format works.

Hopefully separating the sprint from the race means we'll see a few more attempted overtakes without fear of ruining your whole weekend. Especially at Baku where overtaking is doable.

Even if the reward is relatively small, having all cars on track racing beats data gathering sessions. Having less time on track before racing will hopefully throw up a few strategy variations too.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I see there's a rumour that Fernando Alonso is pumping Taylor Swift. I find this entertaining, so I will choose to believe it is true.

A very serious relationship.

Guess it's gonna be forever...

Or it's gonna down in flames