The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

11 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

The difference is Schumacher knew how to identify weaknesses in a car and work with the engineers to fix it. Hamilton routinely proves in a bad car he’s not an asset to a team. 
While I’m sure Ferrari would do pretty much anything to get Newey I wonder how much of the story is the British press wanting it to happen. 
Let’s be honest he’ll go wherever he wants as there is not a team in motorsport that wouldn’t roll out the red carpet for him. 

Yeah I get your point. I think if he goes anywhere it’s Ferrari, they’ll give him a blank cheque and the chance to win their first championship in 20 years and give Hamilton his 8th title (I think LeClerc will hammer him) and if he fails it won’t affect his legacy anyway. 

I don’t know how Norris went from 12 seconds ahead to nearly 30 seconds ahead during that safety car. Hopefully he’s not got himself a stupid penalty.

Just now, Gianfranco said:

I don’t know how Norris went from 12 seconds ahead to nearly 30 seconds ahead during that safety car. Hopefully he’s not got himself a stupid penalty.

I can only guess that Verstappen got picked up by the safety car meaning he was slower?