The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

12 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Laguna Seca would be a laugh. 

Imagine the whinging from the drivers going over the corkscrew 

Posted (edited)

Now the dust has settled and the noise has died down, has anyone else got major 'Malanado's win at Spain followed by Williams garage fire' vibes around Lando's win?

I know F1 can be unpredictable, and the safety car has picked up the wrong car before, but I have been whooshed by F1 before when Maldanado won and Bruno Senna Crash-gate. Both of which I thought were legit races until I found out the truth later

Edited by Spyro

44 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Now the dust has settled and the noise has died down, has anyone else got major 'Malanado's win at Spain followed by Williams garage fire' vibes around Lando's win?

I know F1 can be unpredictable, and the safety car has picked up the wrong car before, but I have been whooshed by F1 before when Maldanado won and Bruno Senna Crash-gate. Both of which I thought were legit races until I found out the truth later

Not at all. Maldonado was considered a fairly useless pay driver from his debut until his last race. Norris has consistently proved himself to be a very decent driver ever since he debuted, often a useless car.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Not at all. Maldonado was considered a fairly useless pay driver from his debut until his last race. Norris has consistently proved himself to be a very decent driver ever since he debuted, often a useless car.

I was meaning being 'gifted' the race.

I will need to post the video I saw about Williams, Malanado's KERS system and the fire at the end of the race. Whether it's true or not, I don't know. I didn't believe Bruno Senna when he first came out with his story

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Maldonado was better than that on pure pace, he was GP2 champion back in the day so he wasn't entirely useless. His problem was that he had sawdust for brains. 

Nice not to have "Crofty" on commentary for once. Fun fact: the commentator, Harry Benjamin, wears UK size 16 shoes.

This talk of a 100% chance of a safety car is ripping my knittin' though. That's obviously not true. 

Posted (edited)

Guy sitting on the racing line, in a crawling car, on a blind bend, really needs a bit of a talking to. Should have the sense to at least pull to the outside so he can be seen from slightly further back.

Edited by Boo Khaki

5 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Incredible reactions from Hadjar to avoid a monster shunt in the tunnel.

Jeeeeez! It's happening too much in F1 where engineers seem to be asleep and failing to warn their drivers of faster cars approaching until it's too late. The guys in Indy/NASCAR seems to be a LOT more switched on to what's happening around their drivers. 

It's going to take someone getting seriously hurt before they wake the f**k up

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

Very glad Button pointed out that the McLaren looks like a Bennetton not a Jordan

I felt old as when I realised I was the only person on another forum commenting on the livery! It's clearly a 1993 Benneton lol