The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

16 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

My pet theory is that because they throw the SC at the first hint of rain these days drivers don't know how to drive in the wet any more 

I think it's more to do with the track being painted with something weird to get it more grip in the dry.

17 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

My pet theory is that because they throw the SC at the first hint of rain these days drivers don't know how to drive in the wet any more 

Aye that's true , plus the drivers know that as soon as any of them start whining about safety then they have to bring the car out. I'd imagine there's very few drivers out there now that welcome rain as giving them an edge. 

I noticed crofty was starting to give it the whole " oh this is really dangerous we might have to stop this " chat untill Nico started laughing at all the cars skiting off everywhere and turned around to " wow this is really exciting now ". Honestly man for such an exciting sport they've picked one of the dullest wet wipes of a guy to commentate on it.  

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

This started when they decided to put the cars in Parc Ferme between session. The reason they keep skiting off in light drizzle is because they are all running Dry setups courtesy of this idiotic rule.

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Aye that's true , plus the drivers know that as soon as any of them start whining about safety then they have to bring the car out. I'd imagine there's very few drivers out there now that welcome rain as giving them an edge. 

I noticed crofty was starting to give it the whole " oh this is really dangerous we might have to stop this " chat untill Nico started laughing at all the cars skiting off everywhere and turned around to " wow this is really exciting now ". Honestly man for such an exciting sport they've picked one of the dullest wet wipes of a guy to commentate on it.  

Imagine a Brazil 2003 race running nowadays - it'd just be red flagged. 

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I quite enjoyed the random grass fires all over the track, they should make that a regular feature. 

Add it to Bernie's suggestion of sprinklers at random corners.

Mmm thought if you stopped on track during Qualy you couldn't take any further part .There will be protests to the stewards after Qualy I reckon Timing screens showed sainz as stopped