The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sure if Merc think the unlapping was unfair, then they will just hand back the points Hamilton got when he did it earlier in the season

When it happened earlier, it was within the rules as stated.  What happened here appears to be completely against the regs...

Race Reg.png

So is that another decision in Hamilton's favour?
So what about all this 'it's all fixed in favour of Hamilton' now?

Folk don't half spout some pish.
Justice done really. Max deserved it and would've won it earlier if not for misfortune in Baku and being wiped out by Mercs in Silverstone and Hungary.
Justice certainly not done for this race, though. Hamilton was in complete contol.

Mercedes were just quicker, and horner knew it. He basically conceded with about 6 or 7 laps to go.
That was absolutely fucking incredible but it doesn't feel right, there'll be carnage now. Like a team being 5-0 up in the World Cup final then them just scrapping it and taking it to pens instead [emoji23]
It was incredible drama but I've got a sense that it wasn't quite right.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Jos Verstappen is as annoying as Anthony Hamilton used to be. He's a massive c**t as well.

They're just high profile sport DA's.    Had their sons not been so successful they'd be screaming at refs down the local astro and hyping themselves up about how good their son is to their pals afterwards.

Edited by parsforlife

There just high profile sport DA's.    Had their sons not been so successful they'd be screaming at refs down the local astro and hyping themselves up about how good there son is to their pals afterwards.
I don't disagree but that mental determination and attitude is probably what helps get their kids to those levels.

The williams faither in tennis is similar.

Justice done for the season though which is far more important.
I'm not sure about that either.

They've both been incredible.

Verstappen and red bull got off to a flyer but you have to show immense respect to mercedes and Hamilton for dragging it back.

I've felt max has been too desperate in recent races, as he knew it was slipping away.

6 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

When it happened earlier, it was within the rules as stated.  What happened here appears to be completely against the regs...

Race Reg.png

Will be interesting to see how they explain it.

The whole unlapping thing is an absolute nonsense though. Maybe they'll finally look at it

Just now, pandarilla said:

I'm not sure about that either.

They've both been incredible.

Verstappen and red bull got off to a flyer but you have to show immense respect to mercedes and Hamilton for dragging it back.

I've felt max has been too desperate in recent races, as he knew it was slipping away.

Hamilton got a massive slice of luck at Imola when he binned it and ended up a lap down but was given it back due to the safety car/red flag nonsense.

Verstappen was robbed of a win in Baku through no fault of his own, which Hamilton then made a c**t of. 

Hamilton and Bottas then wiped out Verstappen at Silverstone and Budapest. 

So any one of those results goes the other way the championship is already over. So yes Verstappen deserved to win it and rightfully did.