The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:
10 hours ago, virginton said:

Last year there was a first corner smash that red-flagged the race. Had that not happened, the cars would have come battering round the circuit and turned the protesters into hamburgers. Maybe this year they'll do it. 

I saw an article on their sentencing earlier this year, so I bookmarked the above footage that I hadn't seen before which shows them coming onto the track from the FOM cameras. If it doesn't embed: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8i72ec

The race was red flagged around 10 seconds before the leader even got near them, and they weren't exactly in a hurry to get in the way of cars. So I'm guessing their intention was to jump the fence onto the live track once the cars had passed at racing speed on lap 1, forcing the race to be stopped by race control before they came round again.

Unfortunately for them, Russell and Zhou had other ideas.

Edited by Ginaro

On 02/07/2023 at 23:55, Mr. Brightside said:

Nyck de Vries is now last in the championship due to Sargeant finishing 13th today. An utter embarrassment.

Indeed, Tsunoda has only 2 points and that is 2 points more than Sargeant.

Compare Tsunoda to Albon, Albon is currently sitting on 5 points more than Tsunoda.

31 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Are we going to get track invaders this British GP?

Odds on Just stop oil protesters to invade and block the track at some point during the weekend?

Should put on a Combine Harvester v's Steamroller challenge race, and not bother throwing a red flag when some vegan student superglues themselves to the Hangar straight.

42 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Odds on Just stop oil protesters to invade and block the track at some point during the weekend?

They don't need to block the track though, just getting trackside during a session like they did on lap 1 last year would be enough to cause an interruption.

3 hours ago, approximately dave said:

After the last few weeks I'm seriously considering joining the Just Stop Oil movement. Not that I agree with their aims, but the fuckers seem to be able to get tickets for everything. 

Williams cars 3rd (Albon) and 5th (Sargeant) in Practice. 

Car is an absolute beast in a straight line, low drag. Updates now making the car faster on the corners.

btw Logan Sargeant won the F2 feature race last season from pole and has won here in F3,  a pole and a fastest lap so obviously likes the place. Silverstone could be his best opportunity so far for points. Albon might be on for his best result of the season.

What has happened to Mercedes? A bit meh! for both Hamilton and Russell.

Edited by approximately dave

4 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Big fan of sky's coverage so far this weekend essentially being, 'won't somebody think of the british drivers'

Animated GIF

It would be absolutely incredible if the 3 Brits had a disaster class and wee Thai Alex gets a podium or something. Much more likeable than the vastly over rated  Tory and the wee Star Wars twitch freak. 

6 hours ago, The Golden God said:

It would be absolutely incredible if the 3 Brits had a disaster class and wee Thai Alex gets a podium or something. Much more likeable than the vastly over rated  Tory and the wee Star Wars twitch freak. 

Towards the end of second practice they were trying to claim Albon as a brit 😃