The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

This bit from the BBC article about the investigation ending gave me a genuine "LOL" moment -

Mercedes could yet move to seek redress from the FIA for the reputational damage its actions have inflicted on the company this week.

The idea that anything could cause "reputational damage" to a Formula One team, possibly the single biggest examples of lying, cheating, conniving, underhanded, duplicitous, ruthlessly self-serving b*****ds outside of Westminster or Ibrox, is genuinely amusing.

Obviously talking about the parent company, but still, the investigation and allegations were never aimed at or about Mercedes the parent company, rather Mercedes F1 and people associated with it. 

The only way this could be funnier is if it was Ron Dennis Spygate era McLaren claiming "reputational damage".

56 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

This bit from the BBC article about the investigation ending gave me a genuine "LOL" moment -

The idea that anything could cause "reputational damage" to a Formula One team, possibly the single biggest examples of lying, cheating, conniving, underhanded, duplicitous, ruthlessly self-serving b*****ds outside of Westminster or Ibrox, is genuinely amusing.

Obviously talking about the parent company, but still, the investigation and allegations were never aimed at or about Mercedes the parent company, rather Mercedes F1 and people associated with it. 

The only way this could be funnier is if it was Ron Dennis Spygate era McLaren claiming "reputational damage".

F1 really is the epitome of “if you’re not cheating you’re mr trying”. They’re all at it and have been forever. It’s part of what makes the sport great. 

On 28/12/2023 at 08:47, scottsdad said:

Ten years ago tomorrow Michael Schumacher had his accident.

Horrible life for the man. For me, still the best driver I ever watched.

I'm lucky enough to also have seen Senna, Lauda, Stewart, Hunt (when he could be bothered), and many others.

Not sure I could pick a best ever, but a lot of true greats!

On 07/01/2024 at 19:14, scottsdad said:

Before opening that I wondered if it was questionable stunt trying to further test Saturday racing similar to how Aberdeen and Dundee have chased an apparent international friday night audience but according to the article it’s god bothering shite. File it in the bin.

• 2 weeks later...