C***s in restaurants

Romeo

A guy bullied me at school and I saw him years later in an Indian, sitting on his own and steaming. Eventually he fell forward with his face in his curry like some cartoon character. The c**t in the restaurant (me) persuaded the waiters to leave him there. Sadly I left before he woke up.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

To be honest it's about educating your kids from an early age about social norms.

Mine have been going to restaurants since an early age and have never ran about wild.

Take some pens and paper for them, a book, engage with them, it actually works.

Screaming kids running about restaurants irrrspective of where is generally down to poor lazy parenting.

Whilst I agree with you there, theres an amount you can do with a three year old and sometimes they simply do not fucking listen. Engaging with children is one in particular that I agree with. I talk to my daughter, not like an adult, but I give her the respect she deserves, take time out to explain why shes had a row or whatever and try to teach her new things. Nevertheless, on any given day in any given restaurant she might just start behaving like a little shit. 

You can generally tell though by the reaction of the parents whether they are the sort to give a f**k, and if they are you should cut them some slack. 

A guy bullied me at school and I saw him years later in an Indian, sitting on his own and steaming. Eventually he fell forward with his face in his curry like some cartoon character. The c**t in the restaurant (me) persuaded the waiters to leave him there. Sadly I left before he woke up.
Did he fall into a deep korma??

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst I agree with you there, theres an amount you can do with a three year old and sometimes they simply do not fucking listen. Engaging with children is one in particular that I agree with. I talk to my daughter, not like an adult, but I give her the respect she deserves, take time out to explain why shes had a row or whatever and try to teach her new things. Nevertheless, on any given day in any given restaurant she might just start behaving like a little shit. 

You can generally tell though by the reaction of the parents whether they are the sort to give a f**k, and if they are you should cut them some slack. 

So if she does start behaving badly in a restaurant, does that mean running around the place?

As a parent, IMO there is absolutely no excuse for allowing a child to run around a restaurant. If they are screaming or shouting then that’s one thing (I would still be taking them outside for a telling) but it’s actually dangerous and incredibly ignorant of other people to allow children to run about in that environment.

So if she does start behaving badly in a restaurant, does that mean running around the place?
As a parent, IMO there is absolutely no excuse for allowing a child to run around a restaurant. If they are screaming or shouting then that’s one thing (I would still be taking them outside for a telling) but it’s actually dangerous and incredibly ignorant of other people to allow children to run about in that environment.
Na I would hope not. My point was its not always as simple as its often portrayed when it comes to kids behaviour in ceratin enviroments. Some parents are at their wits end trying to get their kids to beahve and it doesnt make them bad parents. I know this because there is an example of this pretty close to me and its genuinely horrible and upsetting to watch good parents struggle with what is essentially a devil child.

35 minutes ago, philpy said:
47 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Did he fall into a deep korma??

right..we'll have nan of that

When I worked in hospitality we had a woman who came in quiet often - below is her online review of our cafe:

..... The situation culminated in the owner actually banning us after my daughter ran into the kitchen. I was standing at the till attempting to pay the bill and took my eye off her for a second to locate my purse only to find she had gone towards the kitchen. I obviously immediately chased after her telling her that she was not allowed to go in there. Despite this the owner chastised my daughter telling her she was not allowed to go in there and that she could not have children running into the kitchen. She was extremely rude and confrontational in her manner. I felt this response was completely uncalled for as I had already disciplined her and clearly had just told her she was not allowed to go in there. This was the final straw in a long series of incidents where I have witnessed the staff being less than tolerant of small children. My husband told her that she had been rude and that her comment was uncalled for as our daughter had already been disciplined and she is only 2. The response was to tell us that if that is how we felt then we should not come back. I think being banned for your 2 year old running a few feet away from you whilst you were distracted is a bit extreme and just goes to highlight the owner's intolerance of small children. I will certainly not be going back and would not recommend this place to anyone with small children. This is a shame as it has a reasonably priced children's meal and my daughter particularly enjoyed the fruit platter, however it appears that despite appearing child friendly by offering such a menu it is far from that in my experience.

Most of this is a what me guv routine. The till is at least 15 meters from the kitchen and at the time the kitchen was taking soup out to the pantry and the owner told off the young girl more out of fright incase she got badly burnt.

When working there I saw a member of staff melt the skin completely off from their entire right fore arm from a mistake, people who let their kids run riot in a restaurant or cafe might think its harmless fun but almost everything in a kitchen if hot,  sharp or dangerous to small children, its not just annoying the other punters that might be a consequence of not looking after your child. She also never cleaned up after her kids and left a terrible mess as their kid was more intent on chucking food round the cafe than eating it.

20 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Adults who go to restaurants and allow their kids to sit glued to an iPad, watching films or playing games, whilst sitting at the table.

Absolutely no issue with that (unless volume is up which is annoying I agree). You would definitely complain if they were running about or screaming, so surely then sitting playing on an iPad is better.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:04, milton75 said:

You're right, but how kids behave in public is an exaggerated reflection of how they behave at home. If they're well brought up it will be easier to get them to behave in public.
The problem with this country is that there are too many families with feckless parents who don't have Clue 1 about how to discipline children, and in many cases they seem to have no inclination to find out anyway, taking the view that their family comes first before considering others.
When you put a few people like that in an environment like Pizza Hut it will become nigh-on impossible for others to control their kids too; with each additional child running about screaming it will be progressively harder to persuade other kids to sit down and "enjoy their meal" (supposedly the reason that they're out).

Compare the above to going to a family restaurant in Italy. Loads of kids, often being allowed to stay up well past bedtime, usually all having a good time in a manageable way, eating decent food, not being tearaways. 

I generalise of course. But there are too many scumbags in this country, and even if I was at all inclined to feed my kids the greasy shite that passes for food in Pizza Hut I would be put off by worrying about the scenes inside. I'm basically too keen  about trying to maintain a quiet life.

On groups of rugby lads out together I agree completely.

When we all go for a meal with the 5 kids, we’re always well prepared to keep them busy, so they’re not a nuisance to other diners. It’s hard to keep them sat quiet and I don’t mind the parents that at least try, the fuckers that just let them run wild are the problem. 

When I worked in hospitality we had a woman who came in quiet often - below is her online review of our cafe:
..... The situation culminated in the owner actually banning us after my daughter ran into the kitchen. I was standing at the till attempting to pay the bill and took my eye off her for a second to locate my purse only to find she had gone towards the kitchen. I obviously immediately chased after her telling her that she was not allowed to go in there. Despite this the owner chastised my daughter telling her she was not allowed to go in there and that she could not have children running into the kitchen. She was extremely rude and confrontational in her manner. I felt this response was completely uncalled for as I had already disciplined her and clearly had just told her she was not allowed to go in there. This was the final straw in a long series of incidents where I have witnessed the staff being less than tolerant of small children. My husband told her that she had been rude and that her comment was uncalled for as our daughter had already been disciplined and she is only 2. The response was to tell us that if that is how we felt then we should not come back. I think being banned for your 2 year old running a few feet away from you whilst you were distracted is a bit extreme and just goes to highlight the owner's intolerance of small children. I will certainly not be going back and would not recommend this place to anyone with small children. This is a shame as it has a reasonably priced children's meal and my daughter particularly enjoyed the fruit platter, however it appears that despite appearing child friendly by offering such a menu it is far from that in my experience.

Most of this is a what me guv routine. The till is at least 15 meters from the kitchen and at the time the kitchen was taking soup out to the pantry and the owner told off the young girl more out of fright incase she got badly burnt.
When working there I saw a member of staff melt the skin completely off from their entire right fore arm from a mistake, people who let their kids run riot in a restaurant or cafe might think its harmless fun but almost everything in a kitchen if hot,  sharp or dangerous to small children, its not just annoying the other punters that might be a consequence of not looking after your child. She also never cleaned up after her kids and left a terrible mess as their kid was more intent on chucking food round the cafe than eating it.

So, the lady in question only took her eyes off the child for a second “to locate her purse” but her husband was present.... what was he doing?

When my kids were wee, me and their mum would often take them out with us for a meal, especially as they were small since opportunities to go out together were few and far between, we never let them run about daft and any mess they may have left we would make a point of cleaning up to the best of our abilities, she was appreciative of the job staff in restaurants/bars do since she has done that type of work for years. 

As is touched on in this thread those who allow there kids to run about, scream, make a mess etc while they sit on there arse getting pished and not giving a f**k should be kindly told not to return, no fucking excuse for it other than being awful, lazy parents, no consideration for others including the staff and fellow customers, id never have dreamed of letting my kid run about a restaurant carrying on like the wee shit we had to put up with in The Wheelhouse in Falkirk a few years ago while the table of about a dozen adults found it more amusing the more alcohol they consumed. 

Archived